Keep version numbers up to date in updates and betas

Tell us about your wildest feature dreams. Or just harmless suggestions for improvement.
joseluismen
Contributor
Contributor

Keep version numbers up to date in updates and betas

Post by joseluismen »

I already know that there are new versions 7.0_306 since 03/28/2024, but there are also two versions: current and beta, which I don't see if they are different or not. Also, betas change over time, and nothing is indicated. Neither on the web, nor in the program when I launch the search for updates. At least they don't appear for me, only in DVDpedia that was labeled as 7.0_306 and the new 7.0_307 then recognizes that it exists. In the rest of the programs, there were updates but they maintained the same version number 7.0_306 and therefore they are not detected.

However, analyzing the application packages with DeltaWalker to compare their internal files, I see that the current betas are more current, although not all their components change. Could you tag with a new version every time you release an update so that they can be notified by the system? Thank you.

And since we're asking, :-), what differences exist between the versions labeled as beta and the current ones?