Downloading Dewey Decimal numbers

Any trouble you encounter with the Pedias, here's the place to ask for help.
sznnsings

Downloading Dewey Decimal numbers

Post by sznnsings »

Hi,

When I scan a new non-fiction book, the Dewey number never seems to load. Then I go to "Get Advanced Info" and choose the LOC site. I see that it's updating the entry, but most of the time it does not come back with a Dewey number.

I really need the Dewey numbers for my project and don't want to go searching for them in miscellaneous library catalogs.

Any solutions?

BTW, I also tried Delicious Library which I did not like as much as Bookpedia except for the above issue. So they must be finding a way to download the Dewey numbers on first try.

HELP! I really like your product better.

Thanks!
Conor
Top Dog

Re: Downloading Dewey Decimal numbers

Post by Conor »

Thank you for the feedback. It might be that Amazon has recently started including that information. We will take a look at the latest release notes for the Amazon Web Services and update the importer if necessary for the latest version.
sznnsings

Post by sznnsings »

Thanks for the quick response. Will you post after you look into this? I'll keep an eye out.
bishop
Bruji Friend
Bruji Friend

Post by bishop »

sznnsings wrote:Hi,

When I scan a new non-fiction book, the Dewey number never seems to load. Then I go to "Get Advanced Info" and choose the LOC site. I see that it's updating the entry, but most of the time it does not come back with a Dewey number.

I really need the Dewey numbers for my project and don't want to go searching for them in miscellaneous library catalogs.

Any solutions?

BTW, I also tried Delicious Library which I did not like as much as Bookpedia except for the above issue. So they must be finding a way to download the Dewey numbers on first try.

HELP! I really like your product better.

Thanks!

I use DDC for sorting my library, and notice that the numbers don't always download from the LOC either. Sometimes I do a manual search on the LOC site and find that no DDC number is on file for a particular book. I use LibraryThing in addition to BookPedia, and most of the time LT will give me a DDC number. I have a copy of Abridged 13 on hand and just assign a number if nothing else comes up.