Different sorting options in PocketPedia

Tell us about your wildest feature dreams. Or just harmless suggestions for improvement.
bishop
Bruji Friend
Bruji Friend

Different sorting options in PocketPedia

Post by bishop »

For my purposes, I would love to be able to sort my books in PocketPedia by Dewey Decimal number. My "dream" is to use PocketPedia at my bookshelves and make sure everything is ordered correctly.

Looking at how the alpha sort is now, one thing that immediately presents a problem is the sidebar that jumps from one letter to another. At least for the basic Dewey sort, the sidebar would be unneccesary. But it would be nice, later, to be able to jump from the 200's to the 800's.

So I guess I'm asking for a basic "sort by DDC field" at the very least. The sidebar thing isn't nearly as important as being able to organize the PocketPedia collection by DDC.
Conor
Top Dog

Re: Different sorting options in PocketPedia

Post by Conor »

Thank you for the feedback as well as the detailed description of how you would use this feature and why it would be helpful. We will try to get as many sort options as possible into the device. Something that we have been experimenting with is keeping the sort order that is set in the the Pedias before the sync, as the desktop has a lot more cpu power and has no problem with sorting quickly, in fact this is the current setup, the sorting is done by the Pedias before sending over the collection.
bishop
Bruji Friend
Bruji Friend

Re: Different sorting options in PocketPedia

Post by bishop »

Conor wrote:Thank you for the feedback as well as the detailed description of how you would use this feature and why it would be helpful. We will try to get as many sort options as possible into the device. Something that we have been experimenting with is keeping the sort order that is set in the the Pedias before the sync, as the desktop has a lot more cpu power and has no problem with sorting quickly, in fact this is the current setup, the sorting is done by the Pedias before sending over the collection.
Thank you! Keeping the sort order from the desktop is a very attractive solution. I sort by DDC first and then by author within DDC, so this would be tremendously helpful.