Search feature

Tell us about your wildest feature dreams. Or just harmless suggestions for improvement.
iBoy
Addicted to Bruji
Addicted to Bruji

Search feature

Post by iBoy »

First of all, Congratulations with the Pocketpedia! It's an amazing little application, which I've been waiting for a long time. Actually, this is one of the main reasons for purchasing my iPhone. I've already given it five stars in my review on the (Norwegian) App Store.

The only thing I miss, is the possibility to search in my own titles and descriptions, not only on Amazon. This is my #1 wish for the next release!
Vanders

Re: Search feature

Post by Vanders »

I also think a search would be great. Also, the ability to sort by author in addition to by book title (I use Bookpedia). We are very avid readers and my wife and I have over 1200 books. We often sort by author to see what books we are missing in a series. Thanks!
Nora
Site Admin

Post by Nora »

Thanks for the feedback - and the review iBoy! We've already got all sorts of ideas for the future of Pocketpedia. Many features simply didn't make it into this version because we didn't have the time but do keep the feedback coming.
PaulHolm
Inductee
Inductee

Post by PaulHolm »

I disccovered BookPedia through the iPhone app. Bought BookPedia yesterday and am pleased that has so great functions that I am rapidly getting my book collection added. For it to be really useful for me I also would like to be able to sort, select and search in PocketPedia according to different criteria such as author, genre or subject. I have a huge book collection and often make recommendations to others and rarely remember complete titles.
Conor
Top Dog

Post by Conor »

Thanks for the feedback (and for purchasing Bookpedia). An internal search for Pocketpedia is already on our feature request list for the future.
markhunte
Contributor
Contributor

Post by markhunte »

Hi All,

I just wanted check, are you talking about a search feature that searches when viewing your library on the web.
I.e: if I am out and about and I want to call up my bookpedia web pages to see if I have or read a book. There would be a search bar in the webpage to search the online pages. This is a feature that I feel would be really useful??
TinyGiant
Inductee
Inductee

Post by TinyGiant »

i agree the search feature on the web export would be amazing. Do it! (I just purchased bookpedia today after trying delicious and a couple others.. this is the only one that wasnt asking me to pay for a program so the creators can make a mint off of linking my library to amazon.... thanks! )
iBoy
Addicted to Bruji
Addicted to Bruji

Post by iBoy »

This thread was originally about Pocketpedia, a light version of the application made for iPhone and iPod touch. But a search feature for the web templates would of course be great, too.