San Button for DVDpedia

Tell us about your wildest feature dreams. Or just harmless suggestions for improvement.
weather13

San Button for DVDpedia

Post by weather13 »

Hello,
I don't know if this is possible (if the DVD has a useful TOC sort of thing), but it would be nice to have a "Scan" button for a DVD I have inserted into the drive, like the "Scan" button in CDpedia.
Also, is there something analogous to freedb (or CDDB, or...) for the DVDs that are showing up in audio packaging these days? (For instance, the DVD included in Tori Amos' "The Beekeeper" doesn't show up when I search for "Beekeeper" in DVDpedia.)

Sorry if these are rookie questions, I just started using the programs today.

Bill
Conor
Top Dog

Re: San Button for DVDpedia

Post by Conor »

Unfortunately there is is no public database (like cddb) with information that can be calculated from the DVD's TOC. The good news is that a DVD tends to contain more information than a CD, so we are trying to figure out if there is a way to find out the title from the disc and perform the search on that.

Amazon only lists DVDs that are for sale; because the The Beekeeper DVD is part of a larger package and is not for sale individually it does not show up in their movie database, neither is it on other search sites. This is the kind of quirky cases that needs to be entered manually into your database. The capture cover art with an iSight is useful in these cases to create your own cover, you can also look up the cover on Google images and drag and drop.