Better syncing with PocketPedia

Tell us about your wildest feature dreams. Or just harmless suggestions for improvement.
paularidgeway

Re: Better syncing with PocketPedia

Post by paularidgeway »

Echoing the others, PocketPedia will be invaluable to me. I was going through my CD collection the other day and I noticed that I went on a buying spree that I completely forgot about and I've been looking to buy the same items that I had bought a while back (thankfully never did!). Now I have the iPhone with me when I become uncharacteristically impulsive and forget what I've bought.

Only question I have is if there is/will be the option of keeping hidden libraries un-synced. CDPedia has been great at helping me build discographies, but I don't own all the titles and therefore keep them hidden from my main library. I would love to do the same on my iPhone as well, but right now they show up.

And again, thanks so much!

Ginny
Conor
Top Dog

Post by Conor »

Thank you for the feedback. We want to implement the option to sync only the selected collection, so a user can hand pick the collections he would like to take on the iPhone.
teacher24_70
Addicted to Bruji
Addicted to Bruji

Post by teacher24_70 »

meglet wrote:Is there any way to have the Pocketpedia collections (or at least the synced ones) excluded from the iPhone backups? I don't know if Apple would have provided you the necessary information, but backing up nearly 500 MB of data for my collections makes the already slow backup in 2.0 even more painful. I can see the need to back up collections created on the iPhone, but since the collections synced from a Mac already exist somewhere else, it seems unnecessary to have them backed up.

Thanks again for the great software!
Where is iTunes storing these backups? I looked in the iTunes>Mobile Applications folder and the files in there with the .ipa extensions seem much to small to be anything other than the application itself. It doesn't seem big enough to actually contain a backup of the data itself.
HamiltonG
Inductee
Inductee

Post by HamiltonG »

Conor wrote:Thank you for the feedback. We want to implement the option to sync only the selected collection, so a user can hand pick the collections he would like to take on the iPhone.
This is a wonderful little app. So glad to see it. It will be much more helpful to me when I can select collections. Sounds like that is in the pipline, so thanks in advance.

Michael

http://enjoyparenting.blogspot.com
teacher24_70
Addicted to Bruji
Addicted to Bruji

Post by teacher24_70 »

teacher24_70 wrote:
Where is iTunes storing these backups? I looked in the iTunes>Mobile Applications folder and the files in there with the .ipa extensions seem much to small to be anything other than the application itself. It doesn't seem big enough to actually contain a backup of the data itself.
I figured it out--the backups are in ~Library/Application Support/MobileSync.

I do have another question, though. When we make changes to the Pedias on the Mac and then later resync to the iPod Touch/iPhone, will it ONLY sync the changes or will it have to sync EVERYTHING again?
Conor
Top Dog

Post by Conor »

will it ONLY sync the changes or will it have to sync EVERYTHING again?
It will synchronize only the changes.
neonomad
Contributor
Contributor

Post by neonomad »

Hi,

I know that this is an older thread, but I wanted to add my voice to the requests for sorting by artist/author. Please, please, please.

PocketPedia is well done, and has great potential, but it is nearly useless to me without artist/author sorting. If I had to choose one sorting method that would be the one, but of course being able to choose sorting methods would be best. And since the iPod app in iPhone allows sorting by artist, album, genre, and several others parameters, it seems as if that should be the standard which developers aim for.

Thanks again.
himlao808

Post by himlao808 »

I'd like to also say that I agree completely with neonomad that PocketPedia is rather useless without the ability to sort by artist or author. Fortunately for all of us, I'm sure you guys are planning on implementing this capability as well as many, many other improvements as you've definitely got something great with the whole "Pedia Suite" of programs and seem committed to growing the products! Hope to see it soon, and thanks for the good work.
teacher24_70
Addicted to Bruji
Addicted to Bruji

Post by teacher24_70 »

I would ABSOLUTELY NOT say it's useless without this function. Absolutely, it would be terrific to have the sort by author, however, there's still a lot of functionality with the title. I'm sure that author/other sorting will come in a future release.