Problem with "match: any" in smart collection

Any trouble you encounter with the Pedias, here's the place to ask for help.
manjom

Problem with "match: any" in smart collection

Post by manjom »

Hi there, I'm a very happy user of DVDpedia, which I bought a few months ago, but I think I'm having a problem with smart collections.
I'm trying to make a smart collection to contain movies that lack information in some fields. Let me explain: if a movie doesn't have anything written in the field, for instance, "Director" OR "Writer" OR "Country", I want that movie to appear in the smart collection (which I'll name "movie with missing info" or something like that)

To accomplish that, I've done a collection with criteria set up like this:
----
Director - is - (blank)
Writer - is - (blank)
Country - is - (blank)
MATCH: ANY
----

I expected this configuration to do the job, but the collection ends up showing ALL the movies of my library. And yes, I checked: most of my movies have those fields filled, and nearly all of them have at least one of them filled.
So, is my approach wrong?, is DVDpedia misbehaving?, does somebody understand what I'm trying to say?? Anyway thanks for helping me!.
danco
Addicted to Bruji
Addicted to Bruji

Post by danco »

This makes me wonder if regular expressions would be useful and practical.

That way, Director is not [a-zA-Z]*

or even

Director does not contain [a-z]

would do this.

Of course, there would be simpler methods of doing what manjom wants, but regular expressions would offer more flexibility.
Nora
Site Admin

Post by Nora »

That's a bug in DVDpedia. It will be fixed in the upcoming version.
manjom

Post by manjom »

OK, thanks for your reply.

Edition: ...and a few days later, with the next version, the problem was solved. :mrgreen: