aNobii and Bookpedia

Tell us about your wildest feature dreams. Or just harmless suggestions for improvement.
spike
Contributor
Contributor

aNobii and Bookpedia

Post by spike »

Hi,

I recently discover aNobii, a Web2.0 service to share bookshelves and reading suggestion. I find it very interesting. I'd like to export my bookpedia database to anobii, or, better, synch them, to use both.
Think this synchronizing thing would be a nice feature in Bookpedia!

bye
spike
Nora
Site Admin

Post by Nora »

To export your Bookpedia database to aNobii, create a collection of all your books in Bookpedia and select only the ISBN column to be showing in the table view (use the 'View Options' menu to get rid of any other columns). Then export that collection as a tab delimited file. Now you can copy paste that list of ISBNs into the aNobii 'Add multiple' page and all your Bookpedia books will appear on your aNobii shelf.

As far as I can tell there isn't a way to get your books out of aNobii though so the information only goes one way.
spike
Contributor
Contributor

Post by spike »

Thank you, this is nice, but I still have to type all the others information I already have in Bookpedia (dates, rating, notes...). A magical synchronization would be very usefule :-)
The one way communication wouldn't be a problem, I'll use Bookpedia as my primary database.

Anyway, it's just a suggestion, don't know how many pedia users are aNobii users too!

spike