Change Existing Column Name

Talk to other Pedia users about the programs, share tricks and tips or ask questions about existing features.
norse0223
Inductee
Inductee

Change Existing Column Name

Post by norse0223 »

How do I change an existing column name in DVDPedia? Or add a new column?
FineWine
Site Admin

Re: Change Existing Column Name

Post by FineWine »

Welcome to these forums 😀

Column Titles take their labelling from the fields they represent.

You can change some Field names in Preferences > Fields. But you can only change those Fields that are in italics and/or begin with the word Custom.

You can move these Fields between Main & Extras 'Add & Edit' window, by clicking on that function to the right of the entry. You can also change the order that they are laid out within the 'Add & Edit' window by clicking and dragging each field up and down and again this is reflected in the View Details panel.

To add a new Column to the 'List' view panel: right click anywhere on the List view column Title bar and tick or untick what you want displayed.

You can also change the order that the columns are displayed horizontally by Left clicking & hold and drag left or right then release.

To change and arrange the way you wish to display your collection in the List view panel, ascending or descending etc, have a read of this Help file: Sorting a collection

You can also change the style of the 'Details' view panel by View > Detail Style and select one of the pre-installed layout template styles. There are lots more here you can download and install from the Bruji website I have designed my own Style Template which displays the actors photos where the photos are stored and fetched off my own actor database.

Also remember there is lots of different ways to bring up Menu's by right clicking on each particular area of the entire Pedia window.

Remember the Help files in all the Pedia's are your best friend 😀