Batch edit/delete credits?

Any trouble you encounter with the Pedias, here's the place to ask for help.
Ted L. Nancy
Addicted to Bruji
Addicted to Bruji

Batch edit/delete credits?

Post by Ted L. Nancy »

Is there a way to do this? Thanks.
Conor
Top Dog

Re: Batch edit/delete credits?

Post by Conor »

You can remove all credits with a plugin. Follow the link for instructions and the link for download. To edit credits you can use SQL commands for find and replace functionality, also further down in the same forum post.
Ted L. Nancy
Addicted to Bruji
Addicted to Bruji

Post by Ted L. Nancy »

Conor,

Plugin downloaded, unzipped and in the plugins folder.

Now what? I can't seem to find the "plugin menu..."

Thanks.
Nora
Site Admin

Post by Nora »

After restarting the plugin menu for that should be under the "Movie" menu, right at the bottom under the generic "Plugin" menu as I believe "Remove Credits" does not create a specific plugin menu. Most plugins are now under the Movie menu as they tend to act on the selection.
Ted L. Nancy
Addicted to Bruji
Addicted to Bruji

Post by Ted L. Nancy »

I still can't find it. The Movie menu has the following:

Add...
Add Manually...
Add Multiple...

Edit...
Mark As
Capture Cover...
Remove Cover
Update From

Open URL
View Links
Email Selection
Send Selection to iWeb
Email Borrower

Incremental Collection ID...
Last Seen History...
Borrowed History...

Select Random

IMDB
Conor
Top Dog

Post by Conor »

Would be at the end after IMDb. Restart DVDpedia, are there any messages in your console log that reveal why it might not be loading the plugin? You can access the console log via the application 'Console', located inside your Applications/Utilities. The newer messages are towards the end of the log. Also please check that the plugin got installed in your data folder at ~/Library/Application Support/DVDpedia/Plugins/
Ted L. Nancy
Addicted to Bruji
Addicted to Bruji

Post by Ted L. Nancy »

Could this have something to do with the Mac App Store version?

The plugin is in the correct directory. These are the only console messages related to DVDpedia:

12/12/12 12:28:29.262 PM DVDpedia[22380]: Could not find image named 'table'.

12/12/12 12:28:29.263 PM DVDpedia[22380]: Could not find image named 'coverflow'.

12/12/12 12:28:29.264 PM DVDpedia[22380]: Could not find image named 'coverSquare'.
Conor
Top Dog

Post by Conor »

Thank you for the details. Should not be the Mac App Store version as it's very similar. I have tested the Mac App Store version to double check and it was loaded correctly. I also tried it in a different language as I believe you might be running the program not in English as those missing images are just a small mistake from one of the localizations that is fixed in the next version. Which also lets me know that you have at least 5.1.2 version installed and the plugin would require 5.x. If the plugin was not being loaded it would complain in the console. I'll keep thinking about it, but it's quite a mystery.
Ted L. Nancy
Addicted to Bruji
Addicted to Bruji

Post by Ted L. Nancy »

FYI, I am running the program in English.
Ted L. Nancy
Addicted to Bruji
Addicted to Bruji

Post by Ted L. Nancy »

Also, FYI, my database is stored in my Dropbox and accessed by 3 different computers... not sure if that's relevant, but I found the plugin directory in the DVDpedia folder in my Dropbox and put a copy of the plugin there. That did not work either after restarting DVDpedia.

I've only tried this on my MacBook Air (which is to say I've only put the plugin in the directory on the MacBook Air). I will try my Mac Pro later today to see if it behaves differently. Will report back...
Conor
Top Dog

Post by Conor »

It should be able to load the plugin from Dropbox. Otherwise you can copy the "RemoveCredits.plugin" from the "Plug-ins" folder to inside to the program package at DVDpedia.app/Contents/Plug-ins/ it would also try to load it from there and that way it won't be on Dropbox. You have to use "Show Package Contents" on DVDpedia.app to look into the program folder.

Thank you for letting me know you are running it in English. I am pretty sure I removed those old image resources from the English localization, but I'll have to double check since you mention it.
Ted L. Nancy
Addicted to Bruji
Addicted to Bruji

Post by Ted L. Nancy »

Ok, I put it inside the DVDpedia.app package, but still no go.

I noticed all the plugins inside the package are named "*.plugin". The file I downloaded is named "removecredits.pediaextras_d". Is that correct?
Conor
Top Dog

Post by Conor »

"removecredits.pediaextras_d" is the installer, double clicking that file should install the "RemoveCredits.plugin". If the installer is not working for some reason you can extract the plugin from the inside manually with Show Package Contents on the installer and navigating around until you find the .plugin file.
Ted L. Nancy
Addicted to Bruji
Addicted to Bruji

Post by Ted L. Nancy »

I feel like an idiot...

Double-clicked, installed in the Dropbox directory, restarted, works fine.

Sorry for the trouble.
Conor
Top Dog

Post by Conor »

Glad we were able to figure it out together.