CDPEDIA, add/edit panel->tracks

Any trouble you encounter with the Pedias, here's the place to ask for help.
CxB
Contributor
Contributor

CDPEDIA, add/edit panel->tracks

Post by CxB »

Hi,
Since I started using version 4.6.1 of CDPedia I have a problem, minor you could say, with the add/edit panel, tracks tab.
If I get the tracksinfo from Discogs or Amazon, the Artists column is added (after add and reopen). All cells are empty but the column is not disappearing. Old entries, without any URL set, does not have the empty column. But if I update them with Advanced button, and pick a "source", they will get it. Not a big problem but annoying when you can't see any long titles and you're up to add thousands of records 8)

There is a chance it could be something I changed in Preferences because I didn't really discover it until I was trying to tweak my GUI so that similar products info wouldn't show up. I did try a lot of checkboxes before I got it :)

I also read a post from 2006 saying that column should disappear when it's empty :)
Conor
Top Dog

Re: CDPEDIA, add/edit panel->tracks

Post by Conor »

Could it be the artist field is not completely empty, a space would be seen as a value. To double check select the first artist for edit and then use the return key, at no moment should any part of the field be highlighted in blue. A pace would be a little blue rectangular highlight instead of the insertion bar. If that is not the case please drag one or two of the CDs from the table view to your desktop to create a .ccard that you can then email us and we can take a look at the data and try to reproduce the issue here and get it fixed.
CxB
Contributor
Contributor

Post by CxB »

Hi, back..
No, there are no spaces.
Not sure if you need all .ccard file (where do I email it?) but here's a snippet of the tracks part:
<key>tracks</key>
<array>
<dict>
<key>artist</key>
<string></string>
<key>duration</key>
<string>3:56</string>
<key>name</key>
<string>Relax (7" Version)</string>
<key>position</key>
<integer>1</integer>
</dict>
</array>
As you can see string is empty for artist..
Conor
Top Dog

Post by Conor »

I tried a single track to see if it made a difference, but the artist column still disappears. If you double click the CD to edit, go to the track tab and then press next button and then back button is the artist column still there? Please do send me the .ccard as maybe there some subtle extra value somewhere that makes a difference. You can find our email on the support page. What Mac OS X version are you running?
CxB
Contributor
Contributor

Post by CxB »

Mail sent with all info. :)