Cannot sync Pocketpedia iPhone (1.1.2) with CDpedia (4.5.5)

Any trouble you encounter with the Pedias, here's the place to ask for help.
moncef
Contributor
Contributor

Cannot sync Pocketpedia iPhone (1.1.2) with CDpedia (4.5.5)

Post by moncef »

Hello. I have the old Pocketpedia for iPhone (1.1.2) and I am no longer able to sync with CDpedia on my MacBookPro. I have synced successfully in the past, but I don't remember the last time I had a successful sync. What happens now is that when I press the Sync button on my iPhone, I see an alert that says "Synchronizing... Requesting collections." The alert is visible for a second and then disappears on its own. I never see any alert in CDpedia asking me to accept the request. I am running version 4.5.5 of CDPedia on Snow Leopard 10.6.3. My iPhone is a 3GS running OS 3.1.3.

I see this in the Console Log:

4/12/10 2:42:56 PM CDpedia[2339] Error - failed to close the device connection with error e00002c0.

Thanks for you help.
Nora
Site Admin

Re: Cannot sync Pocketpedia iPhone (1.1.2) with CDpedia (4.5.5)

Post by Nora »

In CDpedia, hold down the Option key and then go into the Help menu. That'll reveal a hidden Pocketpedia menu command. Click on that and in the window that appears, check the box next to 'Old Connection'. Then restart both CDpedia and Pocketpedia and try the sync again.
shaneosan

Re: Cannot sync Pocketpedia iPhone (1.1.2) with CDpedia (4.5

Post by shaneosan »

awesome... at least i can get my book list now on my ipad... even if it looks like an 8bit atari game.

still holding out for a resolution with amazon... the jerks