CDPedia Not Importing Artists

Any trouble you encounter with the Pedias, here's the place to ask for help.
rabber

CDPedia Not Importing Artists

Post by rabber »

I am exporting my database from ReaderWareAW and then importing to CDPedia. Unfortunately, the artist field is not importing. I checked the export file (comma and tab delimited files) and the artists are in the correct column. When I import the file for some reason nothing in the artist column is imported. I made sure that the column labeled artist is matched to the artist field in CDPedia. Any idea how I can fix this? I would be happy to send you the export file for you to see - just let me know how to send it.
Nora
Site Admin

Re: CDPedia Not Importing Artists

Post by Nora »

Do send us the file you exported from ReaderWareAW so we can take a look at that here and check the import into CDpedia. You'll find our email on the support page.
rabber

Re: CDPedia Not Importing Artists

Post by rabber »

NOra -

I just sent the file to you. However, I have now discovered the problem and solved it. I was looking through the import fields again and noticed that there is an export filed called varartists from ReaderwareAW. THis was also being mapped to Artists. Since it is later, I am assuming that it was overwriting the artists. I made this one Do not Import and it worked.

Thanks for the rapid response.