IMDb Different Results

Any trouble you encounter with the Pedias, here's the place to ask for help.
sitenoise
Addicted to Bruji
Addicted to Bruji

IMDb Different Results

Post by sitenoise »

I posted this once, then deleted it because it looked like a flooky thing rather than semi-consistent bogusness.

First of all, command-G does not/didn't work until I added it myself via the Keyboard Shortcuts System Pref.

Then, if I invoke IMDb that way, either by comman-g'ing or by choosing it from the Advanced Menu, I will get a result of, in this case, Rating=4. But if I use the Gear Button in the Add/Edit window I'll get 8.6 (203,277 votes) for http://imdb.com/title/tt0169547/

Yikes!@ Somebody help me ....
Conor
Top Dog

Post by Conor »

I can't repeat the feat. I dragged the URL that you posted bellow to my DVDpedia icon on the dock, that added with 8.6 (203,277 votes), then I deleted that information and tried both the gear button, the shortcut and the "get advance info", I did all three twice: once without removing the IMDb number and once removing the IMDb number so that I would be prompted to select a result.

But since choosing from the gear button or using the shortcut should be the same, I think the shortcut you implemented in keyboard shortcuts system preferences might be selecting another site.

To treat all plug-ins with equal rights (also to avoid using known common shortcuts – search again) in 4.0 we implemented a shortcut system based on the plug-ins location: command-ctrl-1 through command-ctrl-9. One being the first plug-in that appears in the menu when clicking the gear button, you set the order yourself in the DVDpedia preferences. So for example if you haven't changed the order it would be all 6 of the Amazon sites first and then IMDb, so the shortcut for IMDb would be command-ctrl-7. So try using that shortcut or mapping command-g if you prefer to that shortcut.

Thanks for letting us know that we left the command-g information in the help file, we have updated it for the next version.
sitenoise
Addicted to Bruji
Addicted to Bruji

Excellent

Post by sitenoise »

I figured this one was from bizarro-land on my end. I've never really used the Apple ability to make/add shortcuts to apps. And ... duh ... I'm sure it was conflicting with find-again.

Is that command-control business documented?

Sometimes while in couch-potato mode, I'm so relaxed I can't reach the keyboard with two hands and like to mouse my way around everywhere. Is there a way to remove from the menu the searches one might never use? (making for less distance to travel with said mouse? oops ... I think I'm embarrassing myself here)

thanks for your prompt replies.
Nora
Site Admin

Post by Nora »

Is that command-control business documented?
In the Help file under 'Adding > Doing an advanced search'. And we'll update the keyboard shortcuts page for the next version too.