Template Help <!--BeginRepeat-->

Any trouble you encounter with the Pedias, here's the place to ask for help.
fridolinweiner
Contributor
Contributor

Template Help <!--BeginRepeat-->

Post by fridolinweiner »

Hi there,

I am building my own template. Basically Every Entry is in a designed table. The tables repeat under each other.

Table Entry 1
Table Entry 2
Table Entry 3
Table Entry 4

I would like to have to tables in a row.

Table Entry 1 Table Entry 2
Table Entry 3 Table Entry 4

oder

Table Entry 1 Table Entry 3
Table Entry 4 Table Entry 4

I tried just copying the first table and put both tables in a <div style=" float: left/right>
The Design is what I want it to be but now I have every Entry 2 times.

Table Entry 1 Table Entry 1
Table Entry 2 Table Entry 2

is there a function like
<!--NextRepeat-->
I could use to get to the next entry?

thx in advance
Frido
Conor
Top Dog

Re: Template Help <!--BeginRepeat-->

Post by Conor »

The entry creation works in discrete blocks and there is no way to tell it to treat odd entries differently so that you can lay out one movie different then another.

The way we create side by side entries is to use CSS. That way the items are still exact copy blocks but are placed according to CSS layout rules. For example if you limit the width of each item block to 49% and then float them all left they would line up in a two column layout.

You can look at the included CSS for the default "Collection" details templates that does this with the attributes for an item in the details view. There is no reason this can not be expanded to be whole items. In the case of the details templates they take advantage of jQuery and Masonry to do this smoothly and add animation when resizing. The "Small Covers" print template also does this, so it's another example that can be useful. Would be called PrintingSmallCovers.html in the templates folder inside the program resources.
fridolinweiner
Contributor
Contributor

Re: Template Help <!--BeginRepeat-->

Post by fridolinweiner »

Thank, I was wondering if I had to use CSS or if I just missed the right tag ^^