Duplicate Library in DVDpedia

Any trouble you encounter with the Pedias, here's the place to ask for help.
Kernos
Addicted to Bruji
Addicted to Bruji

Duplicate Library in DVDpedia

Post by Kernos »

I moved DVDpedia and data from Application Support and the user prefs to a new MBPro. Now when I open DVDpedia it displays 2 main Library tables:

I've looked through the xml and plist files, but see no evidence of duplication in these. How do I get rid of the main library duplicate which cannot be deleted.

TIA,

Bill
Nora
Site Admin

Re: Duplicate Library in DVDpedia

Post by Nora »

Most likely you can delete one of them but I have to admit that this is the first time I see this (thanks for the screenshot, I probably wouldn't have believed you... :)) so please send us your Database.dvdpd file to make sure everything is okay with the file.

You'll find the file in your Home folder under ~/Library/Application Support/DVDpedia/Database.dvdpd. Please archive the file before sending it to save space. (Select it and choose 'Archive' or 'Compress' from the File menu. That'll create a new file called 'Database.dvdpd.zip' which you can then attach to the email.) You'll find our email address on the support page.

If you're on Lion, it hides the Library folder by default so to go to your DVDpedia data folder you have to use the Finder's 'Go' menu, select 'Go to Folder' and copy paste ~/Library/Application Support/DVDpedia into the window that appears.
Kernos
Addicted to Bruji
Addicted to Bruji

Re: Duplicate Library in DVDpedia

Post by Kernos »

I took a look at the a copy of the database using SQLiteManager (using MAMP). In the table ZCOLLECTION, "Library" is listed twice in field ZNAME. One is Z_PK, Z_OPT, ZTYPE 51, 8, 0 (the last entry in this table) and one Z_PK, Z_OPT, ZTYPE 16, 44, 0.

I assume 51 was created last, but clicking on the X does not delete the row and I don't know of other ways of deleting the row.

Bill