importing iTunes playlists into CDpedia

Any trouble you encounter with the Pedias, here's the place to ask for help.
Dave_R
Contributor
Contributor

importing iTunes playlists into CDpedia

Post by Dave_R »

I used to have all my music on 3 different external drives in 3 different libraries (I'd just Option-Click iTunes when opening to choose which library I wanted). Now i've combined all my music into 1 library on 1 external drive but I now have an issue importing playlists into CDpedia. I buy all my music in iTunes or the Amazon MP3 store and what I had been doing was buy an album, drag it to a playlist in iTunes called "Not in CDpedia", and when I had a bunch of new albums in that playlist I'd open up CDpedia and import it. Worked great, but now that I've combined my libraries when I try and import the new "Not in CDpedia" playlist the dropdown menu in CDpedia only offers the old playlists to import, not the new one. I can't figure out how to get my new albums into CDpedia now. I've refreshed iTunes tracks in CDpedia several times.

If I haven't explained the problem clearly let me know and I'll try to clarify. Thanks for any help!
Nora
Site Admin

Re: importing iTunes playlists into CDpedia

Post by Nora »

Here's how you can make CDpedia 'forget' where your iTunes library is located so that it'll scan your computer again for the correct one:

Quit CDpedia and run the application Terminal found in Applications/Utilities. Into the window that opens, copy paste the following line, followed by a return:

Code: Select all

defaults delete com.bruji.cdpedia "iTunes Library XML"
After that restart CDpedia and try importing a playlist from iTunes to have the program re-scan for your iTunes library. If CDpedia can't find your library because it's not in the default location (~/Music/iTunes/iTunes Music Library.xml), the program will ask you where your library is located.
Dave_R
Contributor
Contributor

Post by Dave_R »

Thanks, Nora!

The terminal command actually didn't work, so I manually moved the old library to another location so CDpedia couldn't find it, then I just pointed CDPedia to the new library file on the external drive. Works perfect again!

Great customer service, as always! You guys are the best.

Dave
Nora
Site Admin

Post by Nora »

Sorry about that! :oops: But I'm glad you managed to fix the problem anyway.