DVDPedia's Un-"Mac"-ness

Tell us about your wildest feature dreams. Or just harmless suggestions for improvement.
sitenoise
Addicted to Bruji
Addicted to Bruji

DVDPedia's Un-"Mac"-ness

Post by sitenoise »

I'm a DVDPedia junkie, love it to death, been using it strong for several months now. Two things, though, make me want to pull my eyeballs out and run them through one of those golfball washers:

To this day, in my Mac Habitude, I select something in my Info View and then right-click on it to copy ... arrrrgh!
So I go to the Edit Menu ... arrrgh! (one less 'r' than the first one)

I understand the Contextual Menu in DVDPedia is, well, shall we say ... real estate at a premium, but why aren't the Editing commands where they are supposed to be (or at least where they are in every other Mac app I can think of) in the Edit Menu? It's bizarro land up there ... arr ... OK. No more arrrgh!s, but I had to get this off my chest.
Conor
Top Dog

Re: DVDPedia's Un-"Mac"-ness

Post by Conor »

It's hard to cram all of DVDpedia features and not have menus that have 101 items. Already the contextual menu has 24 items of which three expand into even more options and that is keeping the possibilities down to a minimum. Maybe copy does deserve a spot on the info view contextual menu and maybe the traditional edit commands should be higher up in the edit menu, but surely "add a DVD" and "edit a DVD" need to be even higher as they are the essence of DVDpedia – all tough questions. You might be doing all this with the mouse but if you happened to have a keyboard near by, might I suggest command-c. :wink:
sitenoise
Addicted to Bruji
Addicted to Bruji

Re: DVDPedia's Un-"Mac"-ness

Post by sitenoise »

Conor wrote:It's hard ... but surely "add a DVD" and "edit a DVD" need to be even higher ....

I don't understand what you mean by equating "higher" in a menu with essentialness. If it is about speed, I think the expectations one brings to an Edit Menu visit causes a momentary dissonance when confronted with DVDPedia's out-of-the-ordinariness negating this 'highness' principle speed moment. I'm kidding with all this, of course. If I were serious, I'd suggest maybe a separate "DVD" Menu (truly signaling the essential nature of its commands) and put the Editing commands where I'm expect them to be.

(then we'll move on to the "Toolbar" commands ... which belong in the View Menu) :wink: