Ridiculously Hard Feature Requests

Tell us about your wildest feature dreams. Or just harmless suggestions for improvement.
gottadoit
Addicted to Bruji
Addicted to Bruji

Ridiculously Hard Feature Requests

Post by gottadoit »

Hi,

It would be great if you could connect to Amazon wishlists and download/sync those lists (in BOOKPedia, CDpedia, and DVDpedia) with the Pedia's Wish Lists.

It would also be great to be able to download IMDB's "My Movies" to the Wish List and merge them.

Thanks,

Gottadoit
Nora
Site Admin

Re: Ridiculously Hard Feature Requests

Post by Nora »

If your Amazon Wish List is public then you can download it into your Pedias: first select your Wish List in Bookpedia so that any added entries will go directly into that collection. Then open the search window in Bookpedia and from the 'Search Type' drop down menu, choose 'Wish List'. Then enter your email address or name into the search field and hit Search. Choose to view the results with Bookpedia. That'll open the Add window for you and you can click through the entries and add them to your Bookpedia. (Make sure the option to 'Return to search window automatically after add' is unchecked in your Preferences.)
Conor
Top Dog

Post by Conor »

Thank you for the feedback. We are hoping that Amazon will add a more robust API for the wish lists; this way allowing syncing and updating directly from our programs.

Another useful trick is that any drag and drop from Safari to our programs will look up the entry for you. So you can drag Amazon covers from your wish list over to the program or from IMDbs "My Movies".
sitenoise
Addicted to Bruji
Addicted to Bruji

Post by sitenoise »

Conor wrote: Another useful trick is that any drag and drop from Safari to our programs will look up the entry for you. So you can drag Amazon covers from your wish list over to the program or from IMDbs "My Movies".
I drag IMDB links from all over the place using Camino. This is the best tip ever! (another one I gleaned from cruising this forum but missed in the documentation if it was there)

Why do you say Safari? Is that like saying Kleenex for any facial tissue or is there something Safari does that other tissues don't?
Conor
Top Dog

Post by Conor »

Why do you say Safari?
I just say Safari as it's the common browser. My mother for example will not know what Camino is, but knows Safari. Someone who knows Camino is more likely to know what Safari is. Safari does let the Pedias know that the drag is a URL, quite useful, some of the other browsers just send it as plain text (the Pedias are smart enough to recognize a URL in text form as well). I am glad you found the tip, it's one of my favorites as well.
gottadoit
Addicted to Bruji
Addicted to Bruji

Post by gottadoit »

Thanks Nora and Connor.

I thought I knew the pedias pretty well but I am discovering that is not so.

Very, very cool feature. Works like a champ!

Gotta Do It