Incorrect Database Version?

Any trouble you encounter with the Pedias, here's the place to ask for help.
DreamStatic
Addicted to Bruji
Addicted to Bruji

Incorrect Database Version?

Post by DreamStatic »

I am trying to sync my Main Mac (Leopard) with my second older mac (Tiger). I copied my Main Mac Application Support folder over to the older mac Application Support folder and launched DVDpedia. When I do I get an error that states:

Incorrect Database Version.

The database model has a different version. Please send your database file to the support email and describe the steps you took.

Any ideas on this one? :)

Thanks as always for all of your help.
Conor
Top Dog

Post by Conor »

The DVDpedia version on Tiger is an older version than the DVDpedia on Leopard. Download 4.1.1 of DVDpedia for your Tiger Mac.
DreamStatic
Addicted to Bruji
Addicted to Bruji

Post by DreamStatic »

Thanks for the help Conor.

I had downloaded the newest version 4.1.1. I even went back and redownloaded both of them to be sure no silent updates had occurred on my main Mac (Leopard). So as it sits right now, both are the latest versions at 4.1.1.

I figured out the issue though, it was a permission error on the Tiger support folder. Didn't have write permissions. I updated that and all is good to go. As usual, not your software, just me missing something.

Thanks for always being a forum post away. :)

~DreamStatic
Conor
Top Dog

Post by Conor »

Version 4.1.2 I added a check so that the error will be more detailed. It will actually report that it's a permissions error instead of the generic error. Thank you for letting us know that might be a confusion.