Importing Albums and Track details into CDPedia

Any trouble you encounter with the Pedias, here's the place to ask for help.
Siriosys
Bruji Friend
Bruji Friend

Importing Albums and Track details into CDPedia

Post by Siriosys »

Hi,

I was wondering if there is an easier way to import an existing collection which is currently exported to an Excel worksheet. I see from help text that collections can be imported providing that the track details are delimited by a semi-colon. I have a flat structured file which has been exported from Windows Music Label 2008 and I'm wondering if there's any way to be able to import the track details without having to manually manipulate the data. The structure is as follows:

album_title, album_artist, year, genere, track#, track_title, track_artists, etc

Therefore, there is one line per track per album in the data file. Yes, this results in a very long file, but a more flat and 'importable' structure I would have thought. I'm scratching my head as to how to go about this.

Any ideas?

BTW, MusicLabel is able to export data in the following formats: Excel, TXT, XML and HTML if these would happen to offer anything better.

Happy Christmas to all and I hope Santa gave all CDPedia users a reason to use their software....Eg, more music in their stocking this year!

R
Conor
Top Dog

Post by Conor »

Another user had the same format and I was able to use BBEdit to re-format the file into the semi colon version. However I forgot how I managed this but if you are willing to email me the file I can try. Happy new year.