Attached PDF reading in Gamepedia

Any trouble you encounter with the Pedias, here's the place to ask for help.
divinenanny
Contributor
Contributor

Attached PDF reading in Gamepedia

Post by divinenanny »

When I had Tiger, I was able to read attached PDFs in Gamepedia right there, when it opens the attachment. With right-clicking I could choose to open it in Preview.

Now I have upgraded to Leopard (10.5, I won't touch 10.5.1 again). I have Adobe Acrobat 8 (but I had Acrobat back when I had Tiger too). Now when I open a PDF attachment, it just shows the Adobe icon, and I cannot right-click and choose to open it any other way.

It seems to me that somewhere there is an Adobe plugin that is used over the Preview plugin. All I want to know is how do I delete or disable it, cause it annoys me so much....
Conor
Top Dog

Post by Conor »

Look in /Library/Internet Plug-ins and also your home folder ~/Library/Internet Plug-ins as this is were a plug-in would reside that Gamepedia would use. It's most likely called AdobePDFViewer.plugin, I also believe you can turn it off in the Adobe Acrobat Reader preferences under Internet options.
divinenanny
Contributor
Contributor

Post by divinenanny »

Woohoo... I thought that might be it, but I had deleted the plugin already (it made Safari crash)... Turns out that it was still working from the trash! So empty the trash too :D Now it works again!