No picture for "Scan" in CDPedia?

Any trouble you encounter with the Pedias, here's the place to ask for help.
weather13

No picture for "Scan" in CDPedia?

Post by weather13 »

Hello,
The drawback to a forum like this is that I feel like all you ever hear from me is complaining -- I love CDedia, DVDPedia, and Bookpedia and I thank you for making them. Completely worth the money!

My question is why when I insert and scan a CD there is never artwork with it, but if I type in a name and search for the same CD, there is usually artwork. Isn't CDPedia checking the same databases? Is this a configuration item of some kind?

Thanks!

Bill
Conor
Top Dog

Re: No picture for "Scan" in CDPedia?

Post by Conor »

Hi Bill,

With the scanned CD we have to check a different database that keeps information about how the tracks are laid out on the CD in order to make a match. This database is called freedb.org and sadly does not contain cover art. However once the CD is scanned use the gear button at the bottom of the add window and select the amazon site to do a second scan before adding the CD (keyboard shortcut command-ctrl-1). This will use the title and artist information in order to try to download the right cover. You can also run a batch "Download cover art" from under the advance menu on a larger selection of CDs without cover.

Thank you for pointing out that your love the software, always nice to hear.