Cover Art

Tell us about your wildest feature dreams. Or just harmless suggestions for improvement.
stevesol

Cover Art

Post by stevesol »

Is there a way to see a choice of available cover art for downloading BEFORE it is downloaded and installed? This would be a great feature! I have transferred an older database from DVD Database X which had small poor quality jpeg images, although they were correct. I have tried several times to update the images in DVDPedia, only to find that the wrong image is downloaded, deleting my older correct image in the process. This action is also NOT undoable in DVDPedia. DVD Database X gave you the option of picking which image/disk version you would obtain the data from for the image ahead of time.

Thanks for your help!
Conor
Top Dog

Re: Cover Art

Post by Conor »

As a workaround you can drag covers out directly from the image view to your desktop and then if you like to go back to the previous image from DVD Database X you can drag it back in to the image view. Thank you for the feedback.
greguva

Re: Cover Art

Post by greguva »

[quote="stevesol"]Is there a way to see a choice of available cover art for downloading BEFORE it is downloaded and installed? This would be a great feature!quote]
I second that suggestion. I imported most of my movies into DVDPedia from a FileMaker database, and batch-added the cover art after import. I would guess that half of the cover art installed is either for the wrong movie entirely, or is a different cover than I would have chosen. Unfortunately, trying to reimport a new cover usually ends up with the wrong one as well. It would be great to be able to see the options and choose the one you want before installing. Thanks!