Upgrading DVDpedia from 2.3 -> 4.22

Any trouble you encounter with the Pedias, here's the place to ask for help.
steve_nz@mac.com

Upgrading DVDpedia from 2.3 -> 4.22

Post by steve_nz@mac.com »

Hi there, I've just made the big jump from the ancient DVDpedia 2.3 to the latest 4.2.2. Alas when opening up the new version it's started to update my database (a little over 400 dvds) and now seems to be stuck on "Updating Collection Information". I've let it sit there for 10-15 minutes... surely this is enough time for it to do it's thing... any suggestions out there? cheers, Steve.
Conor
Top Dog

Re: Upgrading DVDpedia from 2.3 -> 4.22

Post by Conor »

Hi Steve,

You can try again by removing the new 4.x database file that it created and doing an intermediate upgrade to 3.6. Quit the program and then remove ~/Library/Application Support/DVDpedia/Database.pediadata. Upgrade to 3.6 that you will find here, then to 4.2.2. Even if this works please send us your old database file in that same folder called info.xml so that we can try it here and fix any bugs for other up-graders of 2.x. Please make an archived copy of info.xml file before you try the upgrade again so we can use the original file.
steve_nz@mac.com

Post by steve_nz@mac.com »

Hi there, thanks so much for the quick reply (on the weekend isn't it in the US? - monday morning here in New Zealand). That worked fine :D
Should I send that file to the support email? [edited email out for spam protection] thanks, steve.
Nora
Site Admin

Post by Nora »

Thanks for the file.