Fullscreen view and Links?

Any trouble you encounter with the Pedias, here's the place to ask for help.
DreamStatic
Addicted to Bruji
Addicted to Bruji

Fullscreen view and Links?

Post by DreamStatic »

I was just curious if it is possible to have the "play" button to also play images? It could be cool to have it where it would play the movie files and images. We could build hi-res "fan art" type images that would show fullscreen. Similar to the movie page in iTunes store.

These could actually be built by the community and shared by all. Or just use desktop/wallpapers from the official sites. So when you hit play it would bring up the list of the movie files and the fan art link. So you could click on the movie to start it, or click on the fan art to see it fullscreen. Not only that, but it would be super cool if DVDpedia could read thru your library links and look for "fanart.jpg" or just all images to launch a screensaver showing just these images randomly. Be a cool way to pick a movie in fullscreen mode. You could even add an icon to the action bar to start the screensaver/slideshow.

Here is a super quick example I built using a few desktop images from the Transformer Web site and the plot from IMDB.com.

Just thinking of ways to make DVDpedia one step ahead of the crowd. :)

~DreamStatic
Conor
Top Dog

Re: Fullscreen view and Links?

Post by Conor »

Thank you for the idea. We have an enhancement to the links in mind to also recognize images as we do movie links and provide a better browsing experience for them. The fan art is a nice idea and maybe we can extend it to be a community resource. That needs a good server infrastructure to share the images and a lot of community participation (but I don't think that would a problem with the Pedia fans). iTunes has a large number of people employed whose job is to make sure those background images look good in the store. So it's quite a big project but we are always open to new ideas.
DreamStatic
Addicted to Bruji
Addicted to Bruji

Re: Fullscreen view and Links?

Post by DreamStatic »

Conor wrote:... iTunes has a large number of people employed whose job is to make sure those background images look good in the store. So it's quite a big project but we are always open to new ideas.
Yea, I totally agree. It would have to a community thing, no way I would expect Bruji to have the resources of Apple. :) But the loyal fanbase seems to be the same as Apple's. :) Which is one more reason to pick the ~pedias.

Thanks for the consideration of the idea, and I look forward to your new links idea.

~DreamStatic