Platform icons, and the changing thereof

Tell us about your wildest feature dreams. Or just harmless suggestions for improvement.
Vulpine
Contributor
Contributor

Platform icons, and the changing thereof

Post by Vulpine »

First of all, can I just say how pleased I am with Gamepedia? I downloaded the trial, imported my Delicious Library data, and within the hour had bought a licence. Needless to say, I'm very pleased with the program. :)

I do have a couple of quick queries:

1. Is it possible to add your own platform badges? I turned them on and rather like having them, but those platforms I collect for which don't have badges rather stand out! I'd quite like to be able to define my own additional platforms and provide my own badges for them (such as RISC OS, the Neo-Geo, etc.). Is there any way to do this, such as adding them to a plist somewhere?
2. I noticed there was a European Dreamcast swirl icon, but I can't figure out how to get it. How does one set it so the orange swirl turns blue?

Again, thanks for a great application! These aren't complaints at all, just little queries.
Conor
Top Dog

Re: Platform icons, and the changing thereof

Post by Conor »

I am thrilled that you are enjoying Gamepedia.

It was not possible to add your own badges, but I made it possible for the new version 4.2.1, just released. Go into the Gamepedia.app/Contents/Resources/GameIcons and add your own PNG badges. They need to be PNG and name them all lowercase after the platform, that is how it will match them.

Code: Select all

RISC OS = risc os.png
Neo-Geo = neo-geo.png
You can add two copies of the same icon with different names to cover the possibility where a platform might have more than one name. Be sure to save a copy of the GameIcons folder so that in the future when you update Gamepedia you can just drop it in again. For speed reasons the folder is only scanned during startup, so you need to restart Gamepedia after adding your dazzling new artwork.

The European Dreamcast is a sneaky one. It looks at the region for the game, set it to region "2".
Vulpine
Contributor
Contributor

Re: Platform icons, and the changing thereof

Post by Vulpine »

That's fantastic! I'll download 4.2.1 now and give it a go. Many, many thanks.