openMovieExternally not working for me

Any trouble you encounter with the Pedias, here's the place to ask for help.
sitenoise
Addicted to Bruji
Addicted to Bruji

openMovieExternally not working for me

Post by sitenoise »

Do I need to add more info?

I have some .avi files that i have dragged onto my info view. They'll play from clicking on their link, they play from the "play" button on the toolbar ... so why d o I need one more? I dunno. I'm just fascinated playing around with this program.

Here's what I have in my info view template:

Code: Select all

<a href="pedia://bruji.com/openMovieExternally">Play</a>
Conor
Top Dog

Re: openMovieExternally not working for me

Post by Conor »

It used to exist in earlier versions of DVDpedia where we had a splash screen for .avi files that would appear in the info view and then clicking on the screen image would launch the movie. However that command does not exist anymore, you can use the new equivalent: (which I had to turn on, so you need to download the beta to use). I have also update the how to with the new information (including the changeInfoTemplate command that was not documented, that lets you build templates that work with each; e.i. similar products and review in a separate tab-link).

pedia://bruji.com/perform=playFirstMovieLink
sitenoise
Addicted to Bruji
Addicted to Bruji

Post by sitenoise »

Conor wrote:... you need to download the beta to use).
It seems that these latest betas do not include the Plug-ins. Is that intentional? Which reminds me ... I'm not going to suggest you do anything about this, but I throw away a bunch of the plug-ins and templates I don't use so the menus are less cluttered. And then every time I grab a new version I have to go in and do it all over again.

Anyway, I also don't understand the second part of your response. (I probably don't need to)
I have also update the how to with the new information (including the changeInfoTemplate command that was not documented, that lets you build templates that work with each; e.i. similar products and review in a separate tab-link).

pedia://bruji.com/perform=playFirstMovieLink
Conor
Top Dog

Post by Conor »

Yes the betas are lacking the plug-in as they don't go through are full release pipeline where the plug-ins are added (keeping it simple).

The second part is not important, except the bit about the link being pedia://bruji.com/perform=playFirstMovieLink instead of pedia://bruji.com/openMovieExternall.
sitenoise
Addicted to Bruji
Addicted to Bruji

Post by sitenoise »

hmmmm .... still a no go for me.

More details ... these files are on an external firewire drive, I have VLC set as my default player for avi files.

Link is

file:///Volumes/1Film/3-Iron (Bin-jip)/3-Iron (Bin-jip).avi
name is: ** 3-Iron (Bin-jip) **
Type is: Movie

Still works clicking on the play button or directly on the link.
Conor
Top Dog

Post by Conor »

Using the beta version and the following code should work exactly the same as pressing the play button.

<a href="pedia://bruji.com/perform=playFirstMovieLink">Play</a>
sitenoise
Addicted to Bruji
Addicted to Bruji

Post by sitenoise »

My bad.

Instead of copying your code I simply exchanged "openMovieExternally" with "playFirstMovieLink", neglecting to add "perform=".

Works now. Thanks.