Launch DVDpedia directly into fullscreen mode

Any trouble you encounter with the Pedias, here's the place to ask for help.
pmoto
Bruji Friend
Bruji Friend

Launch DVDpedia directly into fullscreen mode

Post by pmoto »

Is there a keystroke or Applescript command that will launch DVDpedia directly into fullscreen mode without showing the table view first? I would like to set up a behavior using Remote Buddy which will launch DVDpedia but I want DVDpedia to start in fullscreen mode.
Nora
Site Admin

Post by Nora »

Quit the program in full screen mode to have it start up in full screen mode again automatically.
pmoto
Bruji Friend
Bruji Friend

Re:

Post by pmoto »

Nora wrote:Quit the program in full screen mode to have it start up in full screen mode again automatically.
Thank you for the reply. This suggestion works...sort of. DVDpedia automatically jumps to full screen mode, but it still shows the table view briefly before switching to the full screen mode. Ideally, I would like to have the application open directly into the full screen mode without the table view ever being visible. Is this possible?
Conor
Top Dog

Re: Launch DVDpedia directly into fullscreen mode

Post by Conor »

If you have the developer tools installed you can open DVDpedia.app/Contents/English.lproj/MainMenu.nib and select the DVDpedia window and uncheck the visible at launch check box in the inspector (command-1). Although this will not work with the current version as the full screen uses the window to know what screen to go full screen on, but you will be able to do it with the upcoming version. Having the main window visible automatically brings the main window forward faster than bringing the window forward when full screen is not active; if I can achieve the same response time I will make it so that you don't need to change the file yourself.
pmoto
Bruji Friend
Bruji Friend

Re: Launch DVDpedia directly into fullscreen mode

Post by pmoto »

Connor, thanks for the response. Not sure I totally understand everything in your note, but it appears I will need to wait for the upcoming version for a possible solution. The current method of getting into full screen mode is acceptable, I was just checking to see if there was a way to bypass seeing the table view. Thanks again for the support.