BOOKPEDIA DOES NOT SEARCH IN AMAZON ANYMORE

Any trouble you encounter with the Pedias, here's the place to ask for help.
rahmmie
Contributor
Contributor

BOOKPEDIA DOES NOT SEARCH IN AMAZON ANYMORE

Post by rahmmie »

I don't know what happened, IMDB stopped working with DVDpedia yesterday all of a sudden, but Bookpedia was working fine, then today, when searching for a book, there is a whole new list of search sites (DogHouse is at the top) and in order to search in Amazon.com it asks for Amazon Web Server Settings with a key and a "secret key." I downloaded the latest version of Bookpedia (upgraded from 5.01 to 5.02) but the problem still persists. Am I doing something wrong or is this something that will be fixed soon?
Nora
Site Admin

Re: BOOKPEDIA DOES NOT SEARCH IN AMAZON ANYMORE

Post by Nora »

The IMDb problem is fixed in all versions (4.6.8 and 5.0.1). Please download a fresh copy of the program, still the same version number, and the IMDb search will work again. Links: DVDpedia 4.6.8 DVDpedia 5.0.1

As for the Amazon search, connection is still there in version 5 but you have to sign up for it, the programs don't connect to the sites automatically anymore. To sign up, go into the Preferences/Sites and press the 'Amazon Settings' button and follow the steps outlined here:
http://www.bruji.com/help/bookpedia/add ... tml#amazon
rahmmie
Contributor
Contributor

Re: BOOKPEDIA DOES NOT SEARCH IN AMAZON ANYMORE

Post by rahmmie »

Nora wrote:@rahmmie - The IMDb problem is fixed in the betas as well as the regular versions (4.6.8 and 5.0.1).

As for the Amazon search, connection is still there in version 5 but you have to sign up for it, the programs don't connect to the sites automatically anymore. To sign up, go into the Preferences/Sites and press the 'Amazon Settings' button and follow the steps outlined here:
http://www.bruji.com/help/bookpedia/add ... tml#amazon
Thanks SO much for the quick response Nora. Tried it, fixed it, works perfectly now. I really appreciate your help