Pocketpedia No Longer Syncs iPhone4

Any trouble you encounter with the Pedias, here's the place to ask for help.
northjack

Pocketpedia No Longer Syncs iPhone4

Post by northjack »

I haven't tried syncing Pocketpedia on my iPhone4 with DVDpedia on my MacBook Air in a couple months, but it used to work. Today I tried, and nothing. I get a quick pop-up on the iphone that says something like "requesting collections" but it goes away almost as soon as it pops up. We're on the same network, bluetooth is off...

Also, I tried searching the app store for Pocketpedia to make sure I have the latest (although the AppStore app should notify me itself, right?) and it didn't come up in the searches!! Is it no longer available on the AppStore? Is iPhone no longer supported by the app?

Wuzzup?
judocama
Addicted to Bruji
Addicted to Bruji

Re: Pocketpedia No Longer Syncs iPhone4

Post by judocama »

Occasionally occurs to me the same, then I reset the soft and work fine, if not try reboot your iphone or last your wifi conecction.

Try it, So work for me.

I hope that helps you

Greetings
Nora
Site Admin

Post by Nora »

Pocketpedia hasn't been in the App Store for a while due to some issues with Amazon which we're working on resolving.

The sync should work as usual, the removal of the app hasn't affected that feature. Do you have the latest version of DVDpedia (4.6.6)?
draklorien
Inductee
Inductee

Post by draklorien »

I was just prompted to upgrade to DVDPedia 4.6.7 and now I am having the same issue with it not syncing my collections. I also upgraded the cdpedia/gamepedia/bookpedia as well and none of them are syncing. I closed all apps and powered off my iphone 4. powered up and then restarted dvdpedia and tried to resync. Still no go. Other suggestions? I love this app but it does not good if you can't sync.

Drak
Nora
Site Admin

Post by Nora »

What OS are you running?
Carabosse
Bruji Friend
Bruji Friend

Post by Carabosse »

I'm having this problem as well. I'm running DVDpedia 4.6.7 on OS 10.7 and the sync no longer works with my iPhone 4.
Stamper
Inductee
Inductee

Post by Stamper »

I'm having this problem as well. But I'm running DVDpedia 4.6.7 on OS 10.6 and the sync no longer works with my iPhone 4. :(
Nora
Site Admin

Post by Nora »

We haven't changed anything in the way the sync works with Pocketpedia. Your Bluetooth is off?
paul_vietnam
Inductee
Inductee

Post by paul_vietnam »

Hi. Sorry to say I'm having the same problem and getting the 'requesting collections' box flash up when trying to sync. I'm running Bookpedia 4.6.7 on OS 10.6.8.
Carabosse
Bruji Friend
Bruji Friend

Post by Carabosse »

Nora wrote:We haven't changed anything in the way the sync works with Pocketpedia. Your Bluetooth is off?
I've never had Bluetooth on, just the wi-fi. I switched it on now to see if it made a difference, but it doesn't. I just get the 'Requesting Collections' thing coming up and then fading out quickly, but with no changes to what has been stored on my phone.

'pedias 4.6.7
Computer OSX 10.6.7
iPhone OS 4.3.5
Nora
Site Admin

Post by Nora »

Have you tried creating a dedicated network on your Mac and connecting your iPhone to that? You can do this via the Airport menu at the top of your screen > Create Network. Then connect your iPhone to that same network in the Settings > WiFi. Restart your Desktop Pedia program as well as Pocketpedia and try the sync again.
Carabosse
Bruji Friend
Bruji Friend

Post by Carabosse »

Have you tried creating a dedicated network on your Mac and connecting your iPhone to that?
I did just now and I get the same error.
brewbarb
Contributor
Contributor

Post by brewbarb »

I am having the same problem.
brewbarb
Contributor
Contributor

Post by brewbarb »

Never mind. I got it to work. Don't know what I did. I just turned both programs on and off a lot.
Nora
Site Admin

Post by Nora »

Unfortunately there's not much else I can tell you. This seems to be a problem a few users have encountered and from everyone who fixed it, we hear different explanations: restarting the devices, turning off Bluetooth, synching the time settings on the devices, creating a separate network... When the new Pocketpedia comes out this hopefully won't be an issue anymore.