Scrolling through release date / adding textfield

Any trouble you encounter with the Pedias, here's the place to ask for help.
Meh1965

Scrolling through release date / adding textfield

Post by Meh1965 »

I am trying out DVDpedia and I am seriously considering buying the software.

I have two things that bother me though:

-when I add an older movie and UI want to fill out the date of release manually, I have to click through the months until I get to the proper year. When I click I only move one month. Isn't there any possibility to move a complete year and when I get to the particular year, I can scroll through the months?

-I want to add a text field to the data in which I can add my own comments on the movie. How can I do this?

Can anyone help me with these issues?

Thanks!
Conor
Top Dog

Re: Scrolling through release date / adding textfield

Post by Conor »

Hi,
when I add an older movie and UI want to fill out the date of release manually, I have to click through the months until I get to the proper year. When I click I only move one month. Isn't there any possibility to move a complete year and when I get to the particular year, I can scroll through the months?
Dates can also be entered by typing. To change year it's better to type in 1943 in the field and then press the calendar button to select the specific date if wanted. Although you can also enter "October 1, 1943" or any other combination of date formatting directly.
-I want to add a text field to the data in which I can add my own comments on the movie. How can I do this?
There is a comments field that allows for longer text (multiple lines) to be entered as well as 10 custom fields that allow for shorter (on line) information. These fields might not be initially visible if the empty fields are set to hide. To display empty fields click on the "show all" button on the bottom left of the window.

Hope you find these tips useful.
Meh1965

Post by Meh1965 »

Thanks for your quick response.

About the date: your suggestion is a solution ofcourse. But maybethe way I want to enter a date (scroll through the years) is a possible feature for future versions.

About the textfield: the comments field is filled by IMDB and I want to keep that as it is. So an extra, large textfield e.g. like the field where the storyline is given, would be nice.

Thanks again!
Conor
Top Dog

Post by Conor »

maybe the way I want to enter a date (scroll through the years) is a possible feature for future versions.
We have to update the look of the calendar to match the latest version of Mac OS X and will try to fit in a year selector.
So an extra, large textfield e.g. like the field where the storyline is given, would be nice.
Two large custom fields are coming in the next version as well as dedicated tagline field that will free up the comments for it's intended use.
sjk
Addicted to Bruji
Addicted to Bruji

Post by sjk »

Conor wrote:We have to update the look of the calendar to match the latest version of Mac OS X and will try to fit in a year selector.

Two large custom fields are coming in the next version as well as dedicated tagline field that will free up the comments for it's intended use.
Looking forward to both those changes. The first would help motivate me to enter and date a backlog of older items, even though it's possible just to type the date. :)