Two Versions of the Pedias

Any trouble you encounter with the Pedias, here's the place to ask for help.
witchkitten
Captain
Captain

Two Versions of the Pedias

Post by witchkitten »

I have Bookpedia, CDpedia, and DVDpedia and I am using version 3.5 because I like the interface better than the new one. I just got an iphone and I want to sync my collection to pocketpedia and I was wondering if it was possible to have both the latest version of the pedias and the older version on my computer at the same time so I can still use the older version but also use the newer one to sync with pocketpedia. Thanks in advance.
Conor
Top Dog

Re: Two Versions of the Pedias

Post by Conor »

You could run both version of the Pedias and delete the Database.pediadata in the data folder before synching in order to force the new version to create a new import on launch of the information from the old info.xml file with the latest changes (you can use the demo version without buying the upgrade). However do make backups of the entire data folder as this is a set up we never tested thoroughly as it's not the intended use (the version do share preferences and other files that might lead to issues we had not expected in this dual use). Your covers might even get moved into a folder and not be compatible with 3.6, although I am pretty sure I made that change before 3.6. Since 3.6 is 3 years old it's hard to remember when certain changes where made.

On an upcoming front Amazon is making changes to their API service and we have already completed all the needed work and are currently testing it for the next version to comply by the August 15 deadline. It's very doubtful that will back port these changes as Panther 10.3 compatibility in 3.6 would make it quite a lot of work if not impossible. I know the new edit window is hard to get used to, but it's not as bad a change as it feels in the first few days of upgrading. So it might be worth giving the latest versions a chance.