Pocketpedia2 won't update sync

Any trouble you encounter with the Pedias, here's the place to ask for help.
jed
Addicted to Bruji
Addicted to Bruji

Pocketpedia2 won't update sync

Post by jed »

Pocketpedia2 doesn't show the updates from DVDPedia.
I've tried the "Option" key trick but I still don't have an update on my iphone.
I saw the "Option" "Help" method but don't understand the options there.
Any advise???
Thanks, Jed
kbarnes70
Addicted to Bruji
Addicted to Bruji

Re: Pocketpedia2 won't update sync

Post by kbarnes70 »

jed wrote:Pocketpedia2 doesn't show the updates from DVDPedia.
I've tried the "Option" key trick but I still don't have an update on my iphone.
I saw the "Option" "Help" method but don't understand the options there.
Any advise???
Thanks, Jed
Hi Jed. How do you mean, it doesn't show the 'updates'? You mean it won't synch at all? Or do you mean it has synched before but is now not synching changes you have made to your DVDpedia database (new movies added etc)?

I guess you do know you have to have DVDpedia running on the main machine before you try a synch? Your wireless connection is working OK I assume and your firewall isn't blocking access in some way? Also you need DVDpedia version 4.5.4 or later with Pocketpedia2, so presumably you do have the latest version (4.5.5)?

I assume from what you say that you have installed Pocketpedia2 on your iPhone and you have a totally empty database on the phone at the moment? To force a new synch of all data, you are right about holding the option key down while you press synch on the iPhone. Do hold the option key for a little while though after you press synch as I think the synch needs to initiate before the option key trick works. All that holdingn the Option key does is force DVDpedia to send the entire database to your iPhone again - that is not just updating the changes since the last synch.

If you could give some more precise information about exactly what is happening, it will be easier to help you.

Best regards.

Keith
jed
Addicted to Bruji
Addicted to Bruji

Post by jed »

Sorry for delay I was away....
My iPhone HAD collections with films....but wasn't showing changes made on my Mac. The wireless connection seemed fine.
(I Re-Installed Poketpedia2 on my phone and then syncing WENT GREAT and has worked since.
All things are good now...
-Jed
(thanks sjk for reply)
kbarnes70
Addicted to Bruji
Addicted to Bruji

Post by kbarnes70 »

jed wrote:Sorry for delay I was away....
My iPhone HAD collections with films....but wasn't showing changes made on my Mac. The wireless connection seemed fine.
(I Re-Installed Poketpedia2 on my phone and then syncing WENT GREAT and has worked since.
All things are good now...
-Jed
(thanks sjk for reply)
Glad its fixed. All's well etc etc...

Kind regards,

Keith