IMDB plugin doesn't return userratings

Report your bugs here - if someone else has already mentioned the same bug, just add on to their post with as much info as possible to make the hunting easier.
Rudy
Bruji Friend
Bruji Friend

IMDB plugin doesn't return userratings

Post by Rudy »

Since today the IMDB plugin no longer fetches the user ratings. All other info seems ok. Any idea?
Nokel

Re: IMDB plugin doesn't return userratings

Post by Nokel »

Wanted to post the same issue...same problem here!
editorialcollective
Bruji Friend
Bruji Friend

Post by editorialcollective »

Just wanted to add another report of this...
Nora
Site Admin

Post by Nora »

Thanks for letting us know. We'll take a look at it.
Conor
Top Dog

Post by Conor »

Thank you for letting us know. The fix is in the latest beta (build 5) and will be part of the next update.
Rudy
Bruji Friend
Bruji Friend

Post by Rudy »

Thanks Conor for your quick fix!
noribori
Addicted to Bruji
Addicted to Bruji

Post by noribori »

I tried that latest beta searching for "Gran Torino" by typing "Torino".
When "IMDb" is the only activated search site, I get the usual information except the producers. When I activate "complete actors" in the "IMDb options..." then I get the complete actors and the producers, too. Everything seems to work only in that case.
When IMDb is the second activated search site AFTER Amazon US (order matters), then many infos are missing, like script, producers, IMDb ID, only few names of the cast. Activating "complete actors" doesn't get more actors nor the other missing information then.
sjk
Addicted to Bruji
Addicted to Bruji

Post by sjk »

noribori wrote:When IMDb is the second activated search site AFTER Amazon US (order matters), then many infos are missing, like script, producers, IMDb ID, only few names of the cast. Activating "complete actors" doesn't get more actors nor the other missing information then.
Unless I'm misunderstanding (always a possibility :)) …

What you're describing isn't new; it's because searching stops after the first match. When it's Amazon US the new entry will be missing information that's available from IMDb. Workaround: manually run Advanced > Get Advanced Info for Selection > IMDb on selected entry/entries. My related posts:

here
here

From the latter:

I'd really like to combine the process of adding info from multiple sources, e.g. Amazon and IMDb, even if it would mean having to manual fix entries with incorrect IMDb info.
noribori
Addicted to Bruji
Addicted to Bruji

Post by noribori »

I suppose it's my mistake, at least the second part.
I still think it's a DVDpedia mistake that searching only IMDb (without "complete actors" activated) doesn't fetch "producers".

The other part is a longer story, including a HD crash, some data loss, a new setup and some factory settings in DVDpedia that weren't as easy to get rid of as it seemed, in order to get my beloved IMDb entries back. I didn't follow that threads you mentioned because at that time just everything had worked.
sjk
Addicted to Bruji
Addicted to Bruji

Post by sjk »

noribori wrote:I still think it's a DVDpedia mistake that searching only IMDb (without "complete actors" activated) doesn't fetch "producers".
If true, maybe it's relatively easy to fix in the plugin.

After the Amazon debacle that victimized software like Pocketpedia I've been wishing my library was IMDb-only instead of a messy combination of Amazon US and IMDb data. Since it originally started mostly with Amazon data imported from Delicious Library I'd decided to order my two-site search list with Amazon US first and IMDb second. I've kept it that way, for now, and may postpone changing it until the next major DVDpedia release gives me an excuse.

Sorry about your HD crash and data loss.

I'd rather not think anyone will follow anything I've written so I can be pleasantly surprised if they do. :)
kbarnes70
Addicted to Bruji
Addicted to Bruji

Post by kbarnes70 »

sjk wrote:
noribori wrote:I still think it's a DVDpedia mistake that searching only IMDb (without "complete actors" activated) doesn't fetch "producers".
If true, maybe it's relatively easy to fix in the plugin.

After the Amazon debacle that victimized software like Pocketpedia I've been wishing my library was IMDb-only instead of a messy combination of Amazon US and IMDb data. Since it originally started mostly with Amazon data imported from Delicious Library I'd decided to order my two-site search list with Amazon US first and IMDb second. I've kept it that way, for now, and may postpone changing it until the next major DVDpedia release gives me an excuse.

Sorry about your HD crash and data loss.

I'd rather not think anyone will follow anything I've written so I can be pleasantly surprised if they do. :)
Hi - I too wish my library was IMDb only - and I do the same as you with a two source search but using Amazon UK instead of USA. So yeah - someone is following you :)

Regards, Keith
kbarnes70
Addicted to Bruji
Addicted to Bruji

Post by kbarnes70 »

Conor wrote:Thank you for letting us know. The fix is in the latest beta (build 5) and will be part of the next update.
Conor, I got the latest beta and it did fix the problem with the IMDB ratings. But this morning, I can't get *any* info from IMDB at all. I am in the UK so using the UK version (I assume). If I try to add additional information for *any* field via IMDB, it just sits there for a minute and then gives up trying and nothing gets added. Is this a problem with IMDB? I also reverted to the earlier version of DVDpedia I was using but get the same thing. Thanks.

Incidentally, it updates OK if I use Amazon or one of the other options - just nothing from IMDB.

Kind regards,

Keith

Update: I've just noticed that if I got to IMDB directly from Firefox, the site opens immediately as usual but if I go there via DVDpedia's menu button, it takes an age to open the page and sometimes even times out. Is this related?

Second Update: The IMDB button seems to be working properly again - but I still can't get DVDpedia to access IMDB to update any fields in my database.

If I use the Amazon button, I get taken to Amazon immediately. Seems to be just a problem with accessing IMDB.
Nora
Site Admin

Post by Nora »

Download the beta once more and try out the IMDb search. (Beta 5)
kbarnes70
Addicted to Bruji
Addicted to Bruji

Post by kbarnes70 »

Nora wrote:Download the beta once more and try out the IMDb search. (Beta 5)
Sorry Nora - no difference. It still won't populate *any* fields from IMDB at all, on any movie. It's as though it can't connect to the relevant part of IMDB to get the info.

Kind regards,

Keith
Rudy
Bruji Friend
Bruji Friend

Post by Rudy »

The new Beta 5 stops fetching any data from IMDB and Amazon...