Sync issue with new iPod software

Any trouble you encounter with the Pedias, here's the place to ask for help.
filmsoncon
Bruji Friend
Bruji Friend

Sync issue with new iPod software

Post by filmsoncon »

So I've had Pocketpedia on my iPhone for a year with no issues. This weekend, I upgraded to the new 3.0 iPhone software, and in the process of THAT train wreck, I had to do a total restore of my phone, including completely resyncing my DVDpedia library (5479 titles) and several collections.

I've spent the last several hours trying and failing to resync Pocketpedia to DVDpedia. I hit the sync button, I get the "requesting collections" window, then the "requesting detailed entries information," and then it requests details for anywhere from 7 to 1000 of the titles before the window just vanishes. When I go into my collections, none have any artwork, and only a quarter to a third of them have any info at all; the rest of the collection entries just say "not synched".

I'm directly connected to my primary computer with no firewall issues, and besides, I've synced from this computer for a year now with no problem. I've tried removing and reinstalling PocketPedia from my phone, to no avail. Any suggestions?

Thanks in advance for your help.
Nora
Site Admin

Re: Sync issue with new iPod software

Post by Nora »

This is an issue we have been able to identify as pertaining to Bonjour (formerly Rendezvous) and version 3.0 of the iPhone. We're working on finding a fix for it in the Pocketpedia beta version that we're currently working on.