Getting track information

Tell us about your wildest feature dreams. Or just harmless suggestions for improvement.
Conor
Top Dog

Post by Conor »

This one is a personalized plug-in, you have to be careful with it. it will add the track data to the selected CD and replace what is there. The new version of CDpedia will also have undo, so if you do make a mistake in the next version of the program you can undo. I will add your suggestions to make it smarter when I update the shipping version.
whatshisname
Inductee
Inductee

re: Get iTunes CD (Replace)

Post by whatshisname »

This improved plugin is exactly what I was looking for in terms of combining info obtained from a cascaded UPC search with info from freedb or cddb.

There are two minor issues that I have found however:

-the discid field does not get populated (this sounds like an easy fix)
-if an album spans multiple discs there is no easy way to merge tracklists from multiple CDs into one entry in CDPedia (this sound like a hard fix); i wish it were possible, at the very least, to be able to select all the tracks from the Tracks view and copy them (track names and durations) all to the clipboard such that they could be pasted in to another entry (incrementing track numbers after the last item in the current entry).

Other than that, this custom plugin has saved me a lot of trouble. Thanks for making it available.
danco
Addicted to Bruji
Addicted to Bruji

Post by danco »

Best thing to do, as one can't merge, is to link the multiple discs together.