dot.mac backups

Tell us about your wildest feature dreams. Or just harmless suggestions for improvement.
iza_jeenyus
Inductee
Inductee

dot.mac backups

Post by iza_jeenyus »

What about a simple .mac backup, instead of only having the option of uploading an HTML site? I have a copy on my laptop, that I update when I travel, and a copy on my home desktop, that I use there. So I have to archive my settings database and install into my user folder on the other machine whenever I update. It would be nice if I could sync between the catalogs like I would with my address book or whatever - so that if I add a title while I'm traveling, I can sync it to my master copy at home without having to go through all of the extra steps...

Thanks!
face
Inductee
Inductee

GREAT SUGGESTION !

Post by face »

great idea, any chance to have that implemented .... SOON ? :shock:
Nora
Site Admin

Post by Nora »

We'd like to add synchronization via .Mac in the future but it will probably involve quite a bit of work to get that going. So it's on our to do list but we're not sure yet when it'll become part of the programs. Thanks for adding your vote!
For now, you could move your Pedia data folder(s) to your iDisk so you can access the database from any computer. To find out more about moving the data folder, take a look at this page.
Kindlysinful

Re: dot.mac backups

Post by Kindlysinful »

got my vote too
lenbanks
Contributor
Contributor

Post by lenbanks »

dittos on my vote!!!
SeaDragon13
Contributor
Contributor

Post by SeaDragon13 »

and mine as well
Bruce
Addicted to Bruji
Addicted to Bruji

Post by Bruce »

I used dot.mac for a while. Not very satisfactory ... very slow, had to be very careful that I had the most recent version from each computer. Had to "hit" synchronize several times occasionally to get it to work. I abandoned it after a a little while ...FWIW. Neat idea ... poorly implemented.