Movie with multiple DVD, Apple remote and mouse control

Any trouble you encounter with the Pedias, here's the place to ask for help.
lannp
Captain
Captain

Movie with multiple DVD, Apple remote and mouse control

Post by lannp »

My goal is to use only the Apple remote with the Mac mini to watch movies. For movies with multiple DVDs, for example a movie with 3 DVDs, I link all three ISO and their corresponding VIDEO_TS folders to the same single entry in the DVDPedia database. In full screen mode, when I am pointing to that movie, I can click my Apple remote programmed to do Option P to play. At this time, DVDPedia pops up three choices in the middle of the screen, overlaid over the full screen. I can use the UP or DOWN Apple remote buttons to navigate to any one of the three choices, but I cannot use the Apple remote to PLAY the one I want. I can only play it using the mouse by clicking on the pop up selection.

The question I have is: at this pop up level, can the Apple remote be programmed to play one of the three links to the ISO/VIDEO_TS movie? It behaves as if the Apple remote button still talks to the full screen level and not the pop up overlay when I click the Option P (play) button at the choice selected.
lraesly
Contributor
Contributor

Post by lraesly »

Have you tried using RemoteBuddy?
Conor
Top Dog

Post by Conor »

Or disable Remote Buddy while DVDpedia is active; DVDpedia understands the remote. Otherwise the key mapping while in the menu would be enter to trigger a menu option. If you can't map option-p in one situation and enter when in the menu, then map it to enter and you can select play on the controller and then the movie to play. But I see your dilemma that you want to save a step and trigger the play with a single button. The next version will treat option-p in the menu as pressing enter or download the beta now.
lannp
Captain
Captain

Use Enter

Post by lannp »

That's fine. I'll just use the "enter" when in menu mode. That does play the movie.