Seen/Unseen checkbox

Tell us about your wildest feature dreams. Or just harmless suggestions for improvement.
Ted
Addicted to Bruji
Addicted to Bruji

Seen/Unseen checkbox

Post by Ted »

I find that I have stopped using the "seen" field since I migrated from ReaderWare to DVDPedia, simply because it is too much of a pain to go through my ~1400 title collection and enter a date for the seen ones.

I would much prefer to replace the date with a simple check-box, or to have a check-box that can be used without adding a date, or to have a way to use the date field as a check-box, so you only have to type one character (say X).

Thanks,
Ted
Ted
Addicted to Bruji
Addicted to Bruji

Post by Ted »

Bump. Hopefully some of the new users since 2005 would like a "seen " checkbox. I noticed requests for a "read" checkbox in BookPedia, so here's hoping for DVDPedia...

Thanks,
Ted
Conor
Top Dog

Post by Conor »

I'm glad you're still with us. :)

If you only care about the field being filled or not, you could just enter 't' into the Last Seen field and DVDpedia will fill it out for you as 'today'. (You might already know that trick but I wanted to point it out to others reading this too.)

And thanks for bringing the feature request to our attention again. It's on our list and with the next big re-design of the Pedias it'll hopefully make it in.
Ted
Addicted to Bruji
Addicted to Bruji

Post by Ted »

Conor wrote:If you only care about the field being filled or not, you could just enter 't' into the Last Seen field and DVDpedia will fill it out for you as 'today'. (You might already know that trick but I wanted to point it out to others reading this too.)
OK, maybe I'm missing something, but I tried entering t in the Last Seen field and it does absolutely nothing. What am I missing??

Thanks,
Ted
Conor
Top Dog

Post by Conor »

My mistake, you need to write out "Today" (I must have dreamt about the possibility of only writing the T). However it's easier to use the (command-shift-T) keyboard shortcut to mark the selected movies as seen today, as it will have the same effect without having to type and you can also do it on an entire selection. The shortcut is for the menu command Edit-->Mark As-->Seen Today.
Ted
Addicted to Bruji
Addicted to Bruji

Post by Ted »

Thanks, (command-shift-T) is perfect, because you don't even have to open the edit box -- you can quickly scroll down the list and mark them.

Ted