DVDpedia: Supporting Boxed Set DVDs

Tell us about your wildest feature dreams. Or just harmless suggestions for improvement.
Nadsat
Bruji Friend
Bruji Friend

Post by Nadsat »

fossicker wrote:Just putting in my vote for the Boxset feature.
It's the feature I would like the most. :)
I couldn't agree more! :D
Nora
Site Admin

Post by Nora »

You can sort of do the box set thing now with the links feature. Just grab all the movies that are in a box set, hold down option and drag them over the info view. That'll link all the selected movies together and you'll be able to see that - and access the other movies - via the info view. It'll also put a little link chain in the status column so you know that that movie has links to it.
rlorig
Inductee
Inductee

Post by rlorig »

As a longtime user of DVDpedia I have to put my vote behind a better box set solution as well. The link idea is a good work-around but it would be nice to be able to have a true accounting of a box set that "breaks out" into its individual titles.

Multiple genre listing would be nice as well.

Thanks for a great product.
Spooky
Inductee
Inductee

Post by Spooky »

I've been cursing at boxed sets numeral times too. Unfortunately it's one feature DVDPedia doesn't support.

My vote! :)
KiplingCat
Addicted to Bruji
Addicted to Bruji

Post by KiplingCat »

rlorig wrote:As a longtime user of DVDpedia I have to put my vote behind a better box set solution as well. The link idea is a good work-around but it would be nice to be able to have a true accounting of a box set that "breaks out" into its individual titles.
Although I'm a relative newcomer to DVDpedia, the ability to handle box sets/two movies on one disc, etc has moved to the top of my wish list, right behind having a toggle to allow advanced info updates either by UPC OR by title/year/director.

Box set functionality would make one teriffic Christmas present for many DVDpedia users, if not this year then maybe by next Christmas! :)
gade

Update?

Post by gade »

Hi

Like all the rest, I think this feature would be amazing and I'm bumping the thread to the top, for attention. :D Sorry.

/peter
druid
Addicted to Bruji
Addicted to Bruji

Post by druid »

I'm not seeing the problem here. I own several boxed sets, and Amazon has so far included the titles of every film. I copy and paste the titles to Comments, so they show in Info before the Summary.
gade

Post by gade »

Well, that really depends on the boxset. At least the Star Wars, Alien and Lord of the rings boxset doesn't list the included titles here. But that really isn't the problem. :D

The problem really is the missing IMDB information for boxsets. Either you'll have to add the IMDB ID of one of the movies to the boxset or you'll have to add the movies individually to the library.

Maybe the solution is to have a special add for boxsets and then add movies to that boxset instead of the main library. But without knowledge of the implementation, that is hard to say. :wink:

Otherwise I would just like to add, that DVDPedia is one fantastic piece of software and one that I will be using alot. :D Thanks for all the hard work.

/peter
KiplingCat
Addicted to Bruji
Addicted to Bruji

Post by KiplingCat »

druid wrote:I'm not seeing the problem here. I own several boxed sets, and Amazon has so far included the titles of every film. I copy and paste the titles to Comments, so they show in Info before the Summary.
That doesn't work for TV shows which have different writers and cast for each episode. I have many of the Columbia House "Have Gun Will Travel" discs, which contain 4, 6, or 7 episodes on each disc. IMDb has all the episodes listed separately, and I'm able to import the cast and credits for each episode (albeit with the wrong cover image) and link the disc to the appropriate episodes, but I have to manually create an entry for each episode. If there was a way to select a number of episodes from IMDb (they don't appear on Amazon) and create all the entries at once, it would be a real time saver. Likewise if there were a way to replace multiple cover images with the same image in one operation it would reduce my clicks and drags considerably!
Nanook
Addicted to Bruji
Addicted to Bruji

Re: DVDpedia: Supporting Boxed Set DVDs

Post by Nanook »

So, how's this coming? This, and multiple genres? Both have been in the works for several years so I'm curious how they're coming along. When we can expect to see these very popular feature requests come to fruition?

Thanks!