pocketpedia 3 and dvdpedia 5.1 synch probleme

Any trouble you encounter with the Pedias, here's the place to ask for help.
drwilczur
Bruji Friend
Bruji Friend

pocketpedia 3 and dvdpedia 5.1 synch probleme

Post by drwilczur »

I've just updated to DVDPedia 5.1 and freshly installed pocketpedia on my iPad and iPhone (Before i've used to vers. 2 pocketpedia) I have problem with synch. the process starts OK, receiving data, import the lists and I can see that pocket asks for covers then stops on 288 (total 2084) if I try again DVDPedia crash.
Same on iPad and iPhone
Nora
Site Admin

Re: pocketpedia 3 and dvdpedia 5.1 synch probleme

Post by Nora »

Could you please send us the crash report for DVDpedia? You'll find it in your Home folder under ~/Library/Logs/CrashReporter/DVDpedia.crash.log.
If you're on Lion, it hides the Library folder by default but you can use the Finder's 'Go' menu, select 'Go to Folder' and type ~/Library/Logs/CrashReporter into the window that appears.

You can also sync your database via iTunes and the USB connection. This is a one-way sync only so it's not ideal to use all the time but especially for the first sync, which is much larger because all the images have to be synched at once, this is a good work-around. For steps on how to do this, please check out the Pocketpedia Help file section > Sync Troubleshooting.

For subsequent syncs you should then be able to use the regular wi-fi sync without trouble.
drwilczur
Bruji Friend
Bruji Friend

Post by drwilczur »

Can't find DVDpedia.crash.log. I use Path Finder so I can see hide folders: I can see /Library/Logs/CrashReporter but than nothing in relation with DVDpedia; I've checked in my library and in system library (?)
in fact synch going well with all records within covers I can find all my records without covers and when i touch cover it's update (from...?)
I wil try your walk around (USB synch via iTunes)
Thanks for your message
Nora
Site Admin

Post by Nora »

and when i touch cover it's update (from...?)
That comes from Doghouse, when you don't have a cover for an entry and are on Wi-Fi, the cover is automatically downloaded from Doghouse is available. Do let me know if the sync via iTunes and subsequent syncs via the Wi-Fi work for all the data and covers.
drwilczur
Bruji Friend
Bruji Friend

Post by drwilczur »

nope, still same problem: in the liste of my DVDs I can't see covers, but when I chose one film I can see cover on the right side (details) and this entry show cover when I quit podia and came back.
drwilczur
Bruji Friend
Bruji Friend

Post by drwilczur »

I've install once more pocketpedio on iPad. After first synch via USB it's OK! Next try on phone: hope same results:
Greetings your soft it's great and i wish have same backup from great firm
kennet77
Inductee
Inductee

Post by kennet77 »

Sorry Nora i don't understand this procedure: "then go into DVDpedia, hold down the Option key and from the Help menu choose 'Export for Pocketpedia'" But in the HELP menu i find only "Bluetooth" "Spotlight" Dvdpedia help" but nothing about exporting...
Nora
Site Admin

Post by Nora »

Make sure you hold down the Option key on your keyboard before you click on the Help menu. That'll reveal some 'hidden' menu options that are mostly to do with debugging the program but also includes "Export for Pocketpedia".
sonja
Inductee
Inductee

Post by sonja »

I've just done all of this, and exported the DVDpedia file and imported it via USB, but now when I try to sync, I get a message that says "Synchronizing... Requesting collections." and the message never goes away. Nothing ever pops up for me to authorize it on DVDpedia or anything-- just nothing. I've restarted my iPhone and my computer, my firewall is off, and I'm out of ideas.
Nora
Site Admin

Post by Nora »

That is definitely something in your network because if that message doesn't go away it means the two programs don't "see" each other.

Make sure your iPhone and Mac are connected to the same Wi-Fi network or if that fails to work, try creating a direct network on your Mac through the Airport menu (at the very top of your screen, the little quarter pie that shows the strength of your signal). Select "Create Network", name the network whatever you like and then go into the Settings app on your iPhone and connect to that same network. Then try the sync again.
sitenoise
Addicted to Bruji
Addicted to Bruji

Post by sitenoise »

Do you have ample free space on your iPhone?