Books gone missing out of my catalog

Any trouble you encounter with the Pedias, here's the place to ask for help.
chakradude
Bruji Friend
Bruji Friend

Books gone missing out of my catalog

Post by chakradude »

this a kind of frustrating situation. I just finished posting a collection of 77 books to my online store on biblio.
Today I clicked the + button below the collection window and below the large image window. I had one book out of the collection selected a the time. all my books except 4 have disappeared! I have looked in every view and there are only 4 books showing. The one hope I have is that I found a collum in the collection view called "the count" and that still lists 77 books as it should. can anyone help me with this? Unfortunately I did close and reopen the software hoping it would not save and remembered to late that there is no save. arrrrgggg!
Nora
Site Admin

Re: Books gone missing out of my catalog

Post by Nora »

Can you please email us your database so we can take a look at what's happening? You'll find the file in your Home folder under ~/Library/Application Support/Bookpedia/Database.pediadata. Please archive the file before sending it to save space. (Select it and choose 'Archive' or 'Compress' from the File menu. That'll create a new file called 'Database.pediadata.zip' which you can then attach to the email.) Thanks!

If you're on Lion, it hides the Library folder by default so to go to your Bookpedia data folder you have to use the Finder's 'Go' menu, select 'Go to Folder' and copy paste ~/Library/Application Support/Bookpedia into the window that appears.

You'll find our email on the Support page
chakradude
Bruji Friend
Bruji Friend

Post by chakradude »

Hi Nora, I think I have resolved it! I poked around and found a back up from july in that format you mentioned clicked on it and back on the most recent database file from today and all the books showed up again. I think this is actually a display issue as I noticed annother annomaly just now in which the view would not let me scroll all the way to the end of the list- it would only show to about #48 as the info screen that shows below was blocking. I could drag the info screen down and reveal the hidden books but I could not scroll to them! I restarted and that went away while the books remain (thankfully) Im going to restart the computer now. Perhaps I need a system update?

Ill still send the file if you want.

imac os10.68 3.06ghz intel core i3 4 gigs ram
Nora
Site Admin

Post by Nora »

If you found your entries then no need to send us the file but you should definitely restart and possibly update the program (are you running the latest version, 4.6.8?)