Looking up TV Show Information

Any trouble you encounter with the Pedias, here's the place to ask for help.
DriverJC
Bruji Friend
Bruji Friend

Looking up TV Show Information

Post by DriverJC »

At present I use DVDPedia on a Daily basis to catalog my collection of Movie and TV Show. The problem I have is that I have to manually check Wikipedia/TVRage/TVDB for the Episode Information i.e Episode Name, Episode Number, Airdate, etc..

Is there any way to get the information downloaded by a Plugin, and inputted into DVDPedia? I'm not adverse to having a script download all the information into a CSV file and importing it that way.

I have tried the Gabber.php script, but that didn't work as TVDB has apparently changed their API and the writer hasn't updated the script.

For instance: open the ADD Dialog and Search for "Alias" and have it download all information for the TVSeries "Alias" or type "Alias - S01E01" and get the information for just the first episode of the first season of Alias.

Any Information would be appreciated

Joel
Conor
Top Dog

Re: Looking up TV Show Information

Post by Conor »

Hi Joel,

We plan to include some TV specific plug-ins in the future when we also add a series and episode field to contain more TV information. It will take a couple of months, if in the meantime you want to implement your own search plug-in you can take a look at our plug-in page and sample plug-in. The plug-in comes down to two important functions a search function (searchFor:) that initiates a search and returns an array of titles found. And then a details function (resultNumber:) that returns a dictionary with all the details for that result number. TVDB API and TVRage are quite good but complex as they are based on several function calls and XML files containing ids that need to be linked together. Parsing the XML is not the most straight forward of things in Objective-C. Although the plug-ins are in Objective-C, the gateway to Mac/iPhone/iPad development, you can wrap any prebuilt scripts to obtain results.
Driver
Contributor
Contributor

Re: Looking up TV Show Information

Post by Driver »

I've been waiting for YEARS for the ability to add tv shows individually (not a boxed set) to DVDPedia. I have years of series on hard drives.

PS: Maybe it should be called MediaPedia when this gets added? :wink: