Printing template

Any trouble you encounter with the Pedias, here's the place to ask for help.
mobydick

Printing template

Post by mobydick »

Dear everyone,

I want to create a new template which i am going to use to print my Dvds jacket. I saw the online guide to build templates and it is clear that it is possible to build an export or an info view template, but it is possible for a printing one. Peter (DVD profiler) has done one. How can I do to install and see my template in printing menu. Where can i put the file. Thanks for your help
Nora
Site Admin

Re: Printing template

Post by Nora »

The printing templates are kept inside the application so if you want to customize one of the existing ones, ctrl-click (right-click) the DVDpedia icon and choose 'Show package contents' and navigate to Contents/Resources/Templates/. In there you'll find all the templates for export and printing - the printing ones are prefixed by 'Printing'. Make a copy of the template you want to customize and save it in a folder titled 'Templates' inside your home folder under ~/Library/Application Support/DVDpedia. (If there is no Templates folder, create it.) For any images, create a folder inside 'Templates' named 'Images'. If you were to keep the template inside the application with the other printing templates, it would get overwritten every time you update the program.

When you create a printing template from scratch, create the 'Templates' folder in ~/Library/Application Support/DVDpedia and save your template in there. Remember to prefix it with 'Printing' so that it'll appear in the printing feature. (Without the prefix the template would appear in the HTML export feature.)
mobydick

Post by mobydick »

Many thanks Nora for your prompt reply
tailwheel
Contributor
Contributor

Post by tailwheel »

I'm experimenting with printing templates and can't seem to get DVDpedia to recognize my new template. I'm storing it in:
~/Library/Application Support/DVDpedia/Templates/

I've relaunched DVDpedia hoping that would help but... no.

My template name is unique: PrintingMySmallCovers.html

Is there something else that must be done?
Conor
Top Dog

Post by Conor »

That would be the location and there is nothing special to be done. DVDpedia does not validate templates before presenting them as an option; any file in that folder with a "Printing" prefix would show up in the print panel. If you want the template in the export panel you would need to remove the "Printing" prefix.

Also double check that the default location of Application Support is also your current data folder. Open the DVDpedia preference and at the bottom of the general tab the path to your data folder will be displayed, should be "/Users/me/Library/Application Support/DVDpedia".
tailwheel
Contributor
Contributor

Post by tailwheel »

Thanks Connor! The "Data folder location" was indeed the issue.

My library is networked with the media and DVDpedia database (and support files, obviously :oops: ) on the network, to be shared via FrontRow.

All is working now.

Thanks again!