IMDb Import Problem In DVDpedia

Any trouble you encounter with the Pedias, here's the place to ask for help.
neverminding

IMDb Import Problem In DVDpedia

Post by neverminding »

About an hour or two ago I tried adding a DVD using the IMDb lookup and the program began to stall. For example, if I type in a movie title that will return many results like "Nightmare on Elm Street" I get a list of the movies off to the side but DVDpedia seems to run very slowly. Also, if I type in a movie that is only likely to return one result like "Ninth Gate" DVDpedia finds the movie I'm looking for and the year the film was released but no other information comes up. This seems to be an IMDb specific problem because searching a DVD with the Amazon lookup works fine. Could this just be a problem with IMDb updating their website or did I goof something up? Thanks.
Conor
Top Dog

Re: IMDb Import Problem In DVDpedia

Post by Conor »

Download the beta again for the fix. I was able to reproduce the Ninth Gate bug, as well as fixing the rating field that was no longer getting the right information. The slow down on I could not reproduce with Nightmare on Elm Street, but it could do with the speed of the server response and not DVDpedia, as it does have to get several pieces of information. Thank you for all the information.
neverminding

Post by neverminding »

Everything seems to be working for me now. Thanks again!
Rudy
Bruji Friend
Bruji Friend

Post by Rudy »

Thanks for the quick fix Beta! All IMDB fields are ok now but the rating field still comes up empty with every search. Could this be a local problem? US, UK or other IMDB servers?
Conor
Top Dog

Post by Conor »

It had to do with being logged in on the webpage. Thank you for the heads up, download the beta, the official DVDpedia update will be in a few days.
Rudy
Bruji Friend
Bruji Friend

Post by Rudy »

It works! Thanks Conor for your amazing support.
frombr
Contributor
Contributor

Post by frombr »

I've been experiencing problems with the importing information from IMDB for a long time now. The program doesn't get the information for YEAR and, sometimes, DIRECTOR. Does anyone know why?
Conor
Top Dog

Post by Conor »

For what movies (IMDb numbers) do you not get the director information?
frombr
Contributor
Contributor

Post by frombr »

sitenoise
Addicted to Bruji
Addicted to Bruji

IMDb must be a headache for you about now

Post by sitenoise »

Seems they're re-coding or something. I don't get Director when I add a movie ... that's this morning, who knows what will happen this afternoon!
Conor
Top Dog

Post by Conor »

Thank you for the number, try out the beta.
frombr
Contributor
Contributor

Post by frombr »

The BETA works fine, thanks.
I know this is not implemented, but is there any chance to include the field YEAR and grab this info directly from IMDB? (this info at IMDB comes right after the title, in parenthesis).
Conor
Top Dog

Post by Conor »

The year gets imported into the theatrical release information. In the DVDpedia preference panel you can change the display format of the theatrical field to only display the year "%Y", if the year is the only part of the date that you are interested in.
vid-pac-rat
Contributor
Contributor

Post by vid-pac-rat »

Conor, you rock! I know this is "preaching to the choir," but if there was no other reason to own a Mac, DVDPedia would be useful enough to justify buying a Mac! Truly, a "killer app!"

Yesterday, my version of 4.3.1 was running like mud, and I suspected my Mac. Restarted, tried new info from IMDB again, and knew there was a problem. Read the posts here, DL'd your new beta.zip, and now running fine again.

If all Mac developers provided this kind of support, this would be a perfect world!...

Thanks Bruji, for everything!!!
Conor
Top Dog

Post by Conor »

Thank you. :) There are a few users that have switched to Mac only for DVDpedia. :shock: