add Find to the menu so we can change the shortcut

Tell us about your wildest feature dreams. Or just harmless suggestions for improvement.
ksf
Contributor
Contributor

add Find to the menu so we can change the shortcut

Post by ksf »

Hi,

Is the Find command part of the menu system in Bookpedia? I don't see it when I pull down all the menus.

If it is, could you tell me where it is?

If not, could you add it?

The default keyboard shortcuts really don't work for me, and I'd really like to be able to remove Cmd-F for Add and instead use Cmd-F for Find (set focus to the Find box and set the cursor there).

Thanks!
Conor
Top Dog

Re: add Find to the menu so we can change the shortcut

Post by Conor »

Thanks you for the suggestion, the search/filter is not part of the menu command right now. But will look at making it an option for that. Although for a big change I have been toying with making the command-f search/filter and command-n the find and add, and removing command-n from the new collection, that gets used much less often. But so many users already used to the commands, that I am still on the fence.

In the meantime command-option-f will get you into the search field. Sadly there is no way to map a shortcut to another shortcut, not that I know of.
ksf
Contributor
Contributor

Re: add Find to the menu so we can change the shortcut

Post by ksf »

I would really like Cmd-F for Find and Cmd-N for New Item (find and add) instead of New Collection. I find Cmd-Option-F really awkward.

If you do put Find into the menu, people can change it if they want, so thanks for considering adding that in a future version!