Pedia 5.9.1 Beta Bugs

Report your bugs here - if someone else has already mentioned the same bug, just add on to their post with as much info as possible to make the hunting easier.
Conor
Top Dog

Re: Pedia 5.9.1 Beta Bugs

Post by Conor »

Thank you for the extra details. I'll put the bug on the hold list for now. :)
FineWine
Site Admin

Post by FineWine »

DVDpedia 5.9.1 Beta 94 latest release

Had to change Styles then go back to my normal (private) Style before the "Filter By" facility worked. The actual 'on hover' links were not even displayed as links post initial update. But all is good now. Maybe my private Style Template had to rethink due to your updated Javascript and also had to pick up the latest Java 8 Update 161 - Just a wild guess there.
1 - Previous versions if you hovered over links they appeared in the bottom status bar as the link or Filter by: ****** this no longer occurs.

Known Bug: I have filed a bug with Apple to expose the mouse hover on the new API, I can't tell were the mouse is, not even on the click, doing some work around to create the menus, by looking at what Apple would have copied on the click. Think I can work around it with some Javascript, but would need to modify the templates, that I would like to avoid.
Fixed 94 latest release in Bookpedia

NOTE: within Bookpedia that the importation of eBooks from Apple iBooks is allot faster and smoother.
DanThe
Addicted to Bruji
Addicted to Bruji

Post by DanThe »

Hi Connor,

An update on the cover refresh issue. I'm starting the suspect that it has nothing to do with CDpedia and more to do with the Finder refresh issue that started with High Sierra (you know, the update that's suppose to elevate your Mac). I start my Mac adventures with Mountain Lion but this has to be the worse release since. Like how many Emojis do I really need? OK. Enough said and excuse me for the rant.
FineWine
Site Admin

Post by FineWine »

1 - In Bookpedia I use "Custom 1" Field for co-authors where each author is separated by a comma. When I adjust the "Edit" window size the text in the field does not auto wrap to next line.

This only occurs for "Custom Fields 1 to 10". It does wrap in "Custom Text 1 & 2" Fields and other Custom Fields.

Also the "Custom Fields 1 to 10" do not have the "Autofill" values function like 'Author', 'Format', 'Genre', etc.

2 - In DVDpedia the URL Field does not auto wrap either on alteration of 'Edit" window size.

3 - Though not a Bug but a repeat request for the currency symbol to be auto displayed as it is set in the OS Language & Region settings "Currency" but with the option to delete and manually change.
DanThe
Addicted to Bruji
Addicted to Bruji

Post by DanThe »

BETA 94
=======
When I try to "Check for Updates", I get the following error:

TITLE: Update Error!

MESSAGE: CDpedia can't be updated when it's running from a read-only volume like a disk image or an optical drive. Move CDpedia to Applications folder using Finder, relaunch it from there, and try again.

BUTTON(S): "Cancel Update"

This occurs with all the pedia apps. I'm still using the same folder locations as with the previous betas. Can anyone else reproduce this?

Note that before updating to beta 94, the previous beta check for updates reported that I was up to date.

Thanks.
Conor
Top Dog

Post by Conor »

Thank you, one other user saw the same message with the update system. Likely a permissions issue, I'll check the Sparkle the self updater we use to make sure it's updated to the latest version for the next beta release.